Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Folks: granma is here - some of you might not know her.. A big welcome to granma!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I said 'hi' on the other thread, but I'll say it again here. Hi there granma nice to see you here.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I know. I am all mightily embarrassed as I was so new and had no idea how to upload the pics .. In the end, I like this one most as I uploaded the pics big ..

How's your day, Daisy? How many more free days have you got left?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well anyway, I knew granma was looking....but unable to reply :sneaky: - glad you found your way now (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
Larisa: Come in and say hello. Thank you. Very nice of you .. :);)

Hello @alp :D

I'll see my tulips, daffodils and other flowers only in May. Although climate change sometimes gives us surprises.
While there is no real spring, I am entertaining myself by growing bulbous flowers at home. Pleasant bonus - early flowering. And buying bulbs in the fall for this.

IMG_0142.JPG
IMG_1951.JPG

IMG_0226.JPG

IMG_1928.JPG

https://www.gardening-forums.com/threads/my-houseplants.7250/#post-95929

Now I live in the city. Last month we had warmth for us. Therefore, I carried some of the plants to the balcony. The night temperature was cool. This gave an incentive for my Schlumbergera to give buds for repeated flowering. So I'm waiting for a new bloom. But today we saw snow again.

@alp If you want to name someone's name, press @ and start typing the name. The link will be active. Then this member of the forum will immediately see it. :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Oh thank. I hated this @ until THIS VERY MINUTE! Now I know why people keep using @ ... I think the prevalent use of @ shows the all invasiveness of a certain social medium. LOL!

I was saying to myself why I had to hunt for others' posts... Thank you.

Lovely flowers you have. Same time as ours... your scillas are gorgeous .. so happy!

Larisa: Your English is so good .. You must be from a very wealthy or important family and you're so knowledgeable.. I'm so happy to make friends with you here...

I had to google Schlumbergera, ... (please don't laugh at me, laugh with me!) ..
When you live in a built-up area, it's usually warmer.. so have you left your garden behind?
I always bought my plants reduced. I don't think I can't bear parting with so much money for a plant .. I only ever bought bamboos or some other rare plants at full price.. Did spend a lot on dahlias though..

Thank you for sharing all your lovely flowers with us ..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
@Larisa :rolleyes: I found your last post very thought provoking. It made me think how much we take things for granted here in the South of England. I cannot imagine having to grow bulbs indoors. So many of us here moan about our weather when we really should not.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
Larisa: Your English is so good .. You must be from a very wealthy or important family and you're so knowledgeable..

A simple family. Just English is part of the school curriculum. Almost everyone knows, especially young people. I always wonder how my oldest son learned Chinese. :D

I'm so happy to make friends with you here...

I also!:)

In winter we live in the city, in the summer and on weekends we come to the country house. Closer to nature. We can not consider a country house for permanent residence, because we work in the city. And the urban infrastructure is more suitable for medicine, education and cultural activities.

I talked about this here.

https://www.gardening-forums.com/threads/my-garden-green-melody.6869/

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Ooops , I'm so hopeless, I thought I would TRY and be clever and do a quote, as normal...it didn't work:(

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Morning to every one: There are just so many things to learn on this site.. I love the tips from @Larisa. And @Vishu1708 knew it straight away... Teenagers know everything.. but don't tell my son ..

@Upsy Daisy: think you're one of the babies here. Working part time is much more sane and humane .. you'll be free to pursue your passions..

@Tetters: I'm still experimenting with the photo uploads and I said to myself, "I will upload the photo big in the post and then delete the thumbnails to see what happens.."

Lo and behold, the big pic disappeared and I had to upload it AGAIN! :eek:
:D:p

Here are some photos from yesterday:

First Dicentra blooms of the year .. Love dicentra, a very reliable perennial which pops its head up and says hello every year .. life-time pleasure

dicent.jpg
dicenta.jpg

Leucojum Aestivum Galataya Summer snowflake

gal.jpg

gala.jpg
galatea.jpg

Love the milky translucency of this cutie ... almost silicon like .. Magic!

Ask a Question