Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Logan @Verdun I have just added some coffee grinds and before that mixed some bonemeal.. Do you think I should have done more?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Verdun must be very busy..
I will follow that to a tee .. I have just repotted them and added some bonemeal.. Hope the rain Friday will do them a lot of good.

A very productive morning. 11am to 1pm all spent weeding and tidying half of the front patches, dug up 5 hellebores and replanted them at the back.. At first it was strangely humid and then it cooled off a bit. Lovely gardening weather.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
That's good, if you've repotted you probably should water them,hubby got the rose food,so i put it around them and started to mulch. Own compost.Haven't finished that, finish tomorrow. I thought it was going to rain. Now starting the dinner.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes. Logan. I should have done it last year and this year I would have lovely flowers.. Shame..

Hope @Vishu1708 likes my tulips
IMGA0007.JPG
IMGA0008.JPG
IMGA0009.JPG
IMGA0005.JPG
IMGA0006.JPG

I wonder if @Vishu1708 has the same Dancing Queen
IMGA0002.JPG
IMGA0004.JPG

The imperfections came with the bud.. I'm so surprised it has burst open already - nice surprise!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Good morning Alp. Yes it's morning here and I slept late. Woke up at 2am drenched in sweat, fell back asleep and just woke up again. Sore all over and can't think clearly for some reason. I'm getting on my bike anyways, might clear my head.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
johnny: doesn't sound right though.. If you didn't over-stretch yourself yesterday, best is to keep a record of what's going on with your sleeping pattern. Why sore all over?.. Hope a bike ride helps you feel better. Keep us posted ..

Take care, son!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Their really beautiful. Looked at the thread for bb, verdun puts chicken manure pellets on his.What does the coffee grounds do?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Their really beautiful. Looked at the thread for bb, verdun puts chicken manure pellets on his.What does the coffee grounds do?

I repotted them with new ericaceous compost, but not JI, added some chicken manure and apparently, coffee grind is acidic .. Well, I think so. I also had some bonemeal mixed in the new ones, I have the feeling that I'm a bit late with them... But you can only try. Apparently, the BAND of rain is not coming to us now.. How lousy is the weather forecast? Yesterday, a big band of rain was forecast for Friday and now I'd be laughing if I got drizzle.. .

Ask a Question