Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
A simple family. Just English is part of the school curriculum. Almost everyone knows, especially young people. I always wonder how my oldest son learned Chinese. :D

I also!:)

In winter we live in the city, in the summer and on weekends we come to the country house. Closer to nature. We can not consider a country house for permanent residence, because we work in the city. And the urban infrastructure is more suitable for medicine, education and cultural activities.

I talked about this here.

https://www.gardening-forums.com/threads/my-garden-green-melody.6869/

@Larisa Your eldest learned Chinese??? Here some people can't even speak English properly, like me!
Instead of using YOU, some people use YOUS... no reflection of their character, of course.

My late father in law used to say, If you shouted in English long enough, people from all over the world would understand you ...

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
A simple family. Just English is part of the school curriculum. Almost everyone knows, especially young people. I always wonder how my oldest son learned Chinese. :D

I also!:)

In winter we live in the city, in the summer and on weekends we come to the country house. Closer to nature. We can not consider a country house for permanent residence, because we work in the city. And the urban infrastructure is more suitable for medicine, education and cultural activities.

I talked about this here.

https://www.gardening-forums.com/threads/my-garden-green-melody.6869/

@Larisa , Very interesting.. Will have a look later! It's true - urban life when you have children and everything is close by.. In such a vast country like Russia, there must be quite a bit of inconvenience living in a rural area..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Logan Dicentra likes it warm and sunny. Mine has pride of place, warm morning and afternoon sun all day long.. Never fails me.. The white one is not in the ground yet. Yesterday, I was turning the soil and dug up several dahlia tubers, one with new shoots... Why am I so disorganised????

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
My Dad used to say, we shouldn't need to learn another language, because the English language is all over the world. Other races should learn English
@Logan Dicentra likes it warm and sunny. Mine has pride of place, warm morning and afternoon sun all day long.. Never fails me.. The white one is not in the ground yet. Yesterday, I was turning the soil and dug up several dahlia tubers, one with new shoots... Why am I so disorganised????
You probably forgot about them, that's all.:)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I'm not English, so I can't possibly comment.. I love learning another language .. English, Japanese and French .. None of them any good.. Wish I were young .. could start all over again. Ah, no.. Let's do some French today! LOL!:D:p:LOL::ROFLMAO:

But not after finishing Line of Duty S1 E2 and posting an item .. ;)

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I'm not English, so I can't possibly comment.. I love learning another language .. English, Japanese and French .. None of them any good.. Wish I were young .. could start all over again. Ah, no.. Let's do some French today! LOL!:D:p:LOL::ROFLMAO:

But not after finishing Line of Duty S1 E2 and posting an item .. ;)
Sorry i hope i didn't offend you. :(

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Livingston rhubarb, autumn fruiting

IMG_20170329_090444.jpg

Blueberry
IMG_20170329_090431.jpg

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Just managed to get hold of another breakfast bowl to replace the one that i broke last week. There not cheap, but the place that we get them, will sell just one. Or as many that you want.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Logan You always put me to shame.. lovely hyacinths with loads of florets and blueberry with tons of buds and blooms.. What have you fed it with.. ? Whisper to me your secrets .. What compost, what aspects ..

I might be a joke too far..

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Just managed to get hold of another breakfast bowl to replace the one that i broke last week. There not cheap, but the place that we get them, will sell just one. Or as many that you want.
Oh just told me, if i want to brake anything else, do it before December, he says he's got a 10 percent discount.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Don't break anything though -- if you can as it gives you a feeling of bad luck.. 10% discount with 90% still to pay .. Give him a hug .. as least he hasn't made you feel bad...

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@Logan You always put me to shame.. lovely hyacinths with loads of florets and blueberry with tons of buds and blooms.. What have you fed it with.. ? Whisper to me your secrets .. What compost, what aspects.I might be a joke too far..
Haha, their in pots, with erecaectous compost. Feed in spring with granular multi purpose feed,
Hyacinths i don't do anything.HaHa

Ask a Question