Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
It's very warm now. Is it still cold in Redditch?

It's simply stunning outside. The sunlounge is beautifully warm and messy again.

More photos

A double pinkish white tulip and I have a whole pot of them. First year! View attachment 18048 View attachment 18051 View attachment 18052
View attachment 18057 View attachment 18058
And I thought this is a black one. Er, no. I still haven't got the mentality of grouping them together to create impact!

View attachment 18056
View attachment 18048
View attachment 18049

Could have arranged them better..
Pics are beautiful. Yes it's cold.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks Alp, but I've got enough sage. I use it for my sage and onion stuffing, for Christmas.I make a lot and put it in the freezer for the rest of the year.Shame about your courgettes. I did some more weeding this afternoon, but now it's raining.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon folks :)
Applied nematodes for slugs earlier today....rain here now so perfect conditions for washing them into the soil. I find them very effective.
Potted on argyranthemums and voltage yellow osteospermums too.....summer is so close
I can smell it ;)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Cress for dinner. This humble veg enabled my parents to buy land and a flat in the town centre. I can only grow land cress here, but the strong aroma is so evocative of my childhood... Thank you, cress!

cress.jpg

This dahlia had been in my vitopod and was tall, straggly and buggy. Took some cuttings and hopefully they will take.

dahlia.jpg

Love the hairs more than the plant! LOL!
pa.jpg

Two different tulips

tuli.jpg

tulip.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't know I hadn't posted my photos.. How much has it cost you to apply the stuff please? I'm sure you only apply to one area.. Do you order them online?

I saw some most beautiful Argyranthemum, but couldn't find any seed suppliers?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
India
Alp, Absolutely love those daffs and TULIPS!!!!!!:love::rolleyes: simply stunning!!!
Logan, you guys are so lucky you get snowfall and freezing temp!!! You can naturalize hyacinths and tulips!
Heat is suffocating us here! It temp touched 42° mark today.:cry: I would gladly trade this heat for your freezing temp.:unsure:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
42???? Just HOW can you keep cool??? I want to cry for you, too!:cry::cry::eek::eek::eek::LOL::LOL::LOL:

You definitely must have a desert cooler and me a mechanical retrieved air unit which will purify air...:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
India
Alp, it's gonna get worse....... Last year it hit the 48° mark.
Soon enough we will have dust storms and loos followed by powercuts when repairing the damage to wires and poles done by the dust storms.
No cooler as yet. The electrician is due tomorrow to install it.:(

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Vishu: Thank you. I think tulips like a bit of heat, but not too much. I have several clusters of them in my raised bed which is warmed by the sun and they have naturalised beautifully.

Tulips are from Turkey .. Can you grow the stuff at all? Don't remember you uploading them!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
48 is virtually impossible to cope. When you go shopping, do they have air conditioning units in shopping arcades or malls? Glad that you're going to have an electrician in.. We occasionally have dust storm here. Sand from the Sahara dumped in London and Essex or pong from the Netherlands' pig farms...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
India
People have had success in growing them (prechilled) for the first year but they usually don't bloom in the second year. Still I wanna try them, especially egg shaped white ones but not able to find bulbs.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
But this one is very pretty. I wouldn't mind having one..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Larisa: Come in and say hello. Thank you. Very nice of you .. :);)

Ask a Question