Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning Johnny, that must be an amazing experience for you, you must have a gift and they can sense your love for them:)
Mind you I love all wildlife too and have a feeding station....but the birds still fly off when I get close:cry::cry: I have been feeding them for 30 yrs now !!!!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, Daisy, I certainly hope so! ..LOL!

Just finished mowing the lawn and had a shower.. Now, finally, I can sit down and relax..
But if your seeds are in milk bottle, I am sure they will grow faster than mine. I always use a plastic bag to cover the seeds, but as soon as the leaves appear, I have to remove the bag and there the seedlings are hit by various elements.. can be disastrous whereas your seedlings still enjoy homogeneous and clean air...

Been eating another chocolate croissant .. Oh, dear, cholesterol will shoot up again.

johnny: last 2 days, I have seen tits near my feeding station, I will buy one more squirrel proof feeder to improve my attraction to wildlife! Hehe!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning folks A walk to the beach earlier.....brilliant sunshine and spring is everywhere :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
So you've robbed me of my sunshine and didn't even have the decency of sending a momento.. Your boss speaking! LOL!

I saw the glorious sunflower, like Loana's avatar, and I did two rounds of laundry and guess what NO SUNSHINE, BUT GREY AND DRAB... :eek::cry:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Here comes the sun...!

Logan: with our cholesterol levels, it's best leave it to someone else.

Lovely.. I'm getting cold now. Today, airlayer my acer and will upload some of that, perhaps.

Some photos later..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning all. You are all busy bees already and I'm just in time for jam tarts.
So far spent the morning trying to get beau to have some antibiotics for little infection! He can run fast when he wants too ;)
Apparently sunshine will be here at eleven so best get a wiggle on
Have a great day everyone :)
Hoping to sow sunflower seeds for the competition, your fault daisy ;):):):)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I joined the GW forum I was overjoyed as none of my family and friends loved gardening like I do. It was amazing to talk plants and gardening dreams and share my passion with those who had same passion. I am going to take a break now. I can not be doing with the upsets and will return when all is back to gardening. Thank you everyone for posting on my threads. I loved every minute of it. I will be posting same message on the other forum I have joined too. Have a lovely spring and see you in the summer xx

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to hear that, especially the upsets, BM. You've been a good friend ..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
BM , sad to see go but look forward to hearing from you in the summer........is the race still on?
Take care xx

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I am joining in the race too as I have some sunflower seeds going - first time in my life .. I never like staking ., but the sunflower Teddy bear speaks to me..

We are talking about gardening.. I know I'm cheeky;)... But do drop in whenever you feel like it ..

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
When I joined the GW forum I was overjoyed as none of my family and friends loved gardening like I do. It was amazing to talk plants and gardening dreams and share my passion with those who had same passion. I am going to take a break now. I can not be doing with the upsets and will return when all is back to gardening. Thank you everyone for posting on my threads. I loved every minute of it. I will be posting same message on the other forum I have joined too. Have a lovely spring and see you in the summer xx
Sorry that your leaving, I'll miss you. All the best. You have a good Gardening year.logan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Good morning all,
Beaus Mum, Hasn't been long ago that we met but I will miss you. I have enjoyed chatting and look forward to your return.

Alp, I started my Petunia seeds in the middle of Feb. is that before you started your seeds? Also, I have given them a few feedings of what? Yes , that old fish tank water.lol

Now about hand feeding birds. I have only had one Chickadee and one Nuthatch land on my hand in my backyard. I think it has to do with me having several bird feeders hanging right there and a lack of patience on my part. In the yard I always have something else to do and don't give hand feeding a chance. I'm focused of feeding when I go to the trouble of filing a bag of seed and attaching it to my bike, hopping on my bike and peddling my butt off against strong winds or like last month -20C temps. I will soon be too old to pull that craziness off and will drive down to the hatchery on cold and windy days.lol

Ask a Question