My houseplants.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
I'll tell you about my houseplants. We do not have a very warm climate. Therefore, color lovers cultivate them at home when the climate does not allow to do it in the garden.
My room azaleas.
001.jpg

This azalea blooms like a rose. This summer flowering. Now it is again covered with buds.
IMG_0247 (2).JPG

These azaleas are blooming right now on the balcony.
IMG_0027.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
I love the vibrant colors too! They all look very healthy and like they are growing well. I haven't grown azaleas before but they are a favorite flower of mine.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Larisa, so you have geraniums and tulips right? Do they flower year round? I'm looking at buying some for my sunroom. We get super hot in the summer and not quite freezing in the winter. They would be potted and "indoors" but no controlled temperature. Any ideas?
I love all your unique and lovely plants.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
@tbendl
Tulips do not bloom all year round. But I can make them bloom to some special date. For example, for Christmas.
Geranium can bloom all year round. But from autumn to spring, it needs additional light (lamps for plants). I do not stimulate geraniums for flowering in winter, I give them rest.
Personally, I'm a flower fan. Therefore, my plants bloom all year long. (Perhaps you should not even ask me, but talk to a more adequate person in gardening ).
mocking.gif

I have a sunny balcony. When it's hot, there are Geraniums, Achimenes, Begonias, Campanula and Lilies (mostly). When the temperature drops, Fuchsia and Impatiens blossom there.
In winter the plants are in the house, but I will make my balcony warm. Now the Cyclamen begin to bloom. They will bloom until spring. Autumn will begin to blossom the Schlumbergera and Azaleas. From autumn to spring, Begonia hybrida 'Gloire de Lorraine' will blossom. Then Rhipsalidopsis will be added. Saintpaulia and Streptocarpus blossom all year on the shelf with phytolamps. There are other plants with beautiful flowers. Aeschynanthus speciosus blossoms beautifully. :love:
But in Moscow a large selection of plants. If you have a flower club - see what they offer for each season. Plants that can be bought from people who really love them are usually better than in the store. And of course, these people have more plants than the store will offer you.
Plants need to be changed depending on the temperature. Some put in the sun, others put in the shade and vice versa. For example, the Schlumbergera and Rhipsalidopsis like to stand in the cool to flowering. This stimulates the formation of flowers.

Geranium likes a small pot. There are many nuances, but it's absolutely real to remember. :D:D:D

@Beverly grows Crossandra, Pachystachys and Beloperone (if I am not mistaken) in a hot climate. I also like these plants. :)

Ask a Question