Favorite Roses from around the World

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Oh, I love "Madam A Meilland"! Now, I think that it's much prettier than "Summer Fashion". I don't know if it makes any sense, but in my opinion it looks more elegant:)

I found a lovely climbing rose, it's called "Joseph's Coat":

rose-joseph-s-coat-scented-climbing-rose-293-p.jpg

Reaction score
I do too - Claudine and would agree that " Madam A Meilland " - apart from being really beautiful is extremely elegant too :)

I just love " Joseph's Coat " the colors are gorgeous and can imagine that being a climber - when seen growing - it must be a pretty stunning sight :love:

Here is another lovely rose with slightly pinker tones called " Broadway "

Rose - Broadway.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
"Broadway" is very pretty, although I must say that I'm not a big fan of this shade of pink, it's a little too bright for my taste.

I found a really lovely rose, it's called "Rosomane Janon":

7ed8e187904c29f3faa28dc5b2afd6d2.jpg

Reaction score
Haha I was thinking the same Claudine - " Broadway " is a little too much for me too - even though I like bright colors :D and am having a bit of trouble with " Rosomane Janon " as I'm not all sure that it does anything for me at all - which is a fairly rare thing for me - as its not very often that I have any trouble liking a rose.

Staying with the same sort of coloring but with slightly more depth - how about this famous rose

" Rosemary Harkness "

Rose - Rosemary Harkness.jpg

Rose - RosemaryHarkness 1.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
As you know, I'm not a big fan of bright colors, but I must say that " Rosemary Harkness " is really pretty!

One of my favorite rose varieties is "Chandos Beauty", I like how subtle it looks, I plan to grow it in my dream garden:

Rose-Chandos-Beauty.jpg

Reaction score
" Chandos Beauty " is a lovely rose Claudine and as I know quite a few people that grow it too - can very easily understand why it would be a favorite of yours and of course why you would want to add it to your dream garden - which I think is probably getting quite big now - just as mine is lol :D

How about this long flowering highly fragrant rose called " Nostalgia "

Rose - Nostalgia .JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love highly fragrant roses! " Nostalgia " is beautiful. And I like that some of it's petals are red. It reminds me of blood and vampires, lol:LOL:

This is a lovely "Granada":

ebfb562f5c57390c4f3d0e482064cac0.jpg

Reaction score
Hmmm Claudine - blood and vampires lol - but seriously yes I too think " Nostalgia " is a very beautiful rose and love the hint of red in the ivory pink petals :D

" Granada " is a very pretty rose and although I love the different shades in the petals - am not so sure that I would like to see it in my garden - I do however really like this one called

" A Dream Come True "

Rose - Dream Come True .jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
To me, "Granada" and " A Dream Come True " look almost the same and I like them both:)
This is beautiful and very elegant "Koko Loko":

KokoLoco.jpg

Reaction score
I would agree " Granada " and " A Dream Come True " are very similar - but saying that " A Dream Come True " would definitely be my favorite as it has a slightly more vibrant look .

If I'm perfectly honest I would have to say that I really don't like " Koko Loko " at all - especially as I'm not very fond of the color brown or any shades of it and this particular rose has what I would call a very brown look to it :(

Staying with the pale pinks how about this miniature rose called " Show Stopper "

Rose - Show Stopper - miniature.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
"Koko Loko" doesn't look brown too me at all. In my opinion it has a lovely vintage touch to it:)
"Show Stopper" is beautiful! Like you know, I have a soft spot for all miniature roses:love:

This is "Dekora", I quite like its color, but in my opinion it would look better if it wasn't so intense:

150471920081127101313.jpg

Dekora_Pink_Rose_Close350_42c8d27c.jpg

Reaction score
I rather like the color of " Dekora " am not sure that I would describe the color as intense though - as I think its more of a warm rich pink - because of the salmon pink hues - but either way a very pretty rose :)

How about this fragrant pink one with a lilac hue and a lighter tone to the under petals called

" Baronne Edmond de Rothschild "

Rose - Baronne Edmond de Rothschild .jpg

Reaction score
I love purple roses Pat - and the one that you posted is called " Ebb Tide " which is a very popular rose amongst those that like deep purple roses and have to say that it looks particularly good when planted with ivory or pinky whites - as well as lilacs - but the two of the most popular choices for complimenting this particular rose are

" Love Song "

Rose - Love Song.jpg

and this one called "Blue Girl "

Rose - Blue Girl.jpg

I've seen both " Love Song " and "Blue Girl " grown together with " Ebb Tide " and have to say that they really do compliment each other and make a very eye catching sight :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Pat, I like purple roses too, but I prefer pastel colors:)
This is "Amnesia":

img_1507.jpg

I really love this rose. In my opinion it looks very romantic. It's petals have a beautiful shape and they're symmetrical. As for the color, I adore it.

Ask a Question