Favorite Roses from around the World

Reaction score
Roses are renowned for being one of the most popular flowers in the World and with the hundreds and hundreds of different varieties such as climbing, rambling, hybrid teas, shrubs, thorn-less and miniatures to choose from - there is always a rose that will suit any garden style and be a stunning sight to behold.

Rose unidentifiedVariegated_roses_Linzee_McCray_Quilt_Market.jpg

So as many of us are rose lovers and we all live in different parts of the World - whether you are growing roses in your garden or wanting to or even just love receiving them in bouquets - this is the place to share your favorite roses - you never know - your choice may well inspire someone else to grow your favorite.

I have hundreds of favorites - which would probably overload the page if I posted them all at once - so here are just a few of my favorites - some of which are fairly rare

Deep Secret

rose-deep-secret-very-fragrant-hybrid-tea.jpg

Perfect Moment

Rose - Perfect Moment.jpg

Camille Pissaro

Rose - Camille Pissaro Rose.jpg

Parfum de Grasse

rose -parfum-de-grasse-1.jpg

Black Baccara

Rose -BlackBaccara.jpg

Please add your favorites and help to make this a long and informative thread that will inspire others :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love this thread, Gata Montes:D. Like I already mentioned (more than once, I know:p ) roses are my favorite plants! I find them the most beautiful and fascinating. They look gorgeous and smell heavenly. They're perfect. I dream of a rose garden:love:

Here are some of my favorite varieties:

White O'Hara

editedIMG_8108(pp_w812_h541).jpg

Mythos

Mythos__1__R2H_edited-2.jpg

Augusta Luise

rosa-augusta-luise.jpg

Reaction score
Those are absolutely gorgeous roses! I planted my very first rose bush this weekend, but it doesn't have leaves or flowers yet. I remember when I was younger, my grandmother had the most beautiful rose garden full of colors that I have not seen since. That very dark purple/black rose is my favorite! I wonder where you get those?

Reaction score
claudine, - thank you - I somehow thought you might, especially as I know you love :love: roses just as much as I do :D
and am sure that we are all going to get a great deal of enjoyment from seeing other peoples favorites as well as posting many of our own :)

Love your pictures and particularly like " Augusta Luise " - its such a lovely color :)

Here are a few of my bi-color favorites which although fairly rare are available and can be bought or ordered from good roses suppliers - but I especially like them - as no one flower is ever the same as the other :cool:

Acapulco

rosa_acapulco.jpg

Claude Monet

rose-claude-monet.jpg

Broceliande

rose-broceliande.jpg

Reaction score
Those are absolutely gorgeous roses! I planted my very first rose bush this weekend, but it doesn't have leaves or flowers yet. I remember when I was younger, my grandmother had the most beautiful rose garden full of colors that I have not seen since. That very dark purple/black rose is my favorite! I wonder where you get those?

The dark rose you mention - Black Baccara - although fairly rare and in much demand from florists around the World - is available but if you want to buy one - you normally have to order it a year in advance as there are only a certain amount of plants available each year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Acapulco rose is stunning!
Claude Monet looks exactly like my miniature two-colored rose. I'm wondering if it's a coincidence. Maybe my rose is a miniature version of Claude Monet?:)

Here are two beauties:

Faith

Faith-green%20rose.JPG

Blue Bird (such a cute name for a rose!)

Blue-Bird-Rose-Picture.jpg

Reaction score
Oh I love lilac colored roses too Claudine and you are right - " Blue Bird " is a lovely name for a rose

Here are few of my favorite lilac beauties

Twice in a Blue Moon

Rose - Twice in a blue moon.jpg

Paradise

rose called paradise.jpg

Blue Moon

Rosa-Blue-Moon.jpg

Sweet Intoxication

rose - sweet intoxication.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
This is a wonderful thread and so many beautiful roses.

So hard to have a special favourite.

I shall add photos later

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Gata Montes - yes, lilac colored roses are stunning. They look very romantic. I love "Blue Moon"!
Scotkat - I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures!:) And I couldn't agree more, it's so hard to pick one favorite variety!

Here is a lovely rose:
"Carrousel"

carrousel.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love it! :DWhite roses are my favorite flowers, I adore them. Also, "The Wedding Day" is such a sweet and romantic name, it's perfect:love:

This is "Albertine", it looks so lush:

albertine.jpg

Reaction score
Scotkat - thank you for your photo and think " wedding day " is beautiful :)

claudine - I love " Albertine " and remember it well - especially as it was a favorite of my Grandfathers and he used have quite few of these roses climbing over outbuildings and around tree stumps :)

As we moving more into pinkish colors - here are a few pink beauties well worth looking out for

Pink Promise

Rose Pink Promise.jpg

Moonstone

Rose-Moonstone-3.jpg

Rose-Moonstone-1.jpg

and the fairly rare Marylou Whitney

rose The_Marylou_Whitney_Rose.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
"Moonstone" is one of the prettiest roses that I've ever seen! It looks very feminine:)
How do you feel about yellow roses? I love them, even though it's not my favorite color. Somehow, yellow roses always make me think of spring.

This is "Creme de la Creme"

fvUG-v8A.B

1291547533.jpg

Reaction score
" Creme de la Creme " is a lovely a rose and such a lovely name too :)

Although I'm like you Claudine and love all colors of roses - when planted in my own garden I prefer the brighter deeper shades - as due to the strong light that we have here - the lighter shades tend to pale into insignificance :( but have to agree with you - that yellow roses of all shades always make you think of spring - because they definitely do - but to be honest I love seeing them at any time of the year - especially as they always look so fresh and bright - just like these

Midas Touch

rose - midas touch 1.jpg

Gina Lollobrigida

Rose_Gina_Lollobrigida.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
All so pretty .

I like Albertine as my late Dad was called Bert I have been looking for a fuchsia called Albertina but as he adored his roses in his garden Albertine would be just perfect if I could grow in a pot as I have no more room for climbers.

Ask a Question