Apples are one of my favorites

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Nassau: Annual Weather Averages. July is the hottest month in Nassau with an average temperature of 28°C (82°F) and the coldest is January at 21°C (70°F) with the most daily sunshine hours at 10 in August. The wettest month is July with an average of 220mm of rain.
Country
Bahamas
I love apples and try to include one in my diet each day. There was a time when I ate two apples a day, doing the math on that is a whole lot of apples in a months time. The benefits of apples are just so amazing. I owned a website and have written and article on the benefits of apples along on how to grow and apple tree.

What also is amazing is the different variety of apples that can be found worldwide. I remembered back in the day as a kid growing up, one of my favorite tv shows was sesame street. How many of you remembered that my how the years fly. Now I am married with my own kids.

But there was a scene in there where this little muppet would say and I am sure that you have heard it before. It goes like this, and apple a day keeps the doctor away. Listen that is a nice saying and I wish that was all we needed was just and apple to stay healthy. But even though this is not the case apples still are one of my favorites and a great choice because these fruits do have their benefits. What are your thoughts?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
I ate so many apples when i was a kid that i can hardly stand to look at one. I still love Gravenstein apples though, although i think they are rarely commercially available. Just north of San Francisco is a roadway called the Gravenstein highway. For the years we lived in San Francisco, every year we would drive over the bridge and up the Gravenstsein highway in July and buy a crate or two. I would freeze some for the holidays and every year we would make Gravenstein pie on Christmas eve and every year the hubs and i would argue about how much sugar to use. We only used Gravensteins in our pies though, we agreed on that. There are a variety of apples available here that are not Gravensteins but i still wouldn't buy one much less actually eat it.:) Apple burn out seriously

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Nassau: Annual Weather Averages. July is the hottest month in Nassau with an average temperature of 28°C (82°F) and the coldest is January at 21°C (70°F) with the most daily sunshine hours at 10 in August. The wettest month is July with an average of 220mm of rain.
Country
Bahamas
Hello, friend how is your day going. Wow and I thought that I ate a lot of apples, that is a whole lot that you ate and I guess I can see why. As I am writing this article I was by my mom today and guess what she gave me a bag of apple ooooooooh yeah.

I guess for me it is different, I guess I am an apple freak LOL. Thanks again for sharing, all the best to you and have a wonderful evening.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Apples. yes, love them also. not quite every day. I kinda think of them as fall fruit, so I can eat the other stuff offered during summer. Such as blueberries, watermelon, rhubarb, etc. We have several orchards around where I live so buying huge baskets are routine come September to make pies, breads, etc. here is one of them, which is very well known for its variety. http://www.highlandorchards.net/

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8 B 15-20 F -9.4 -6.7c
Country
United Kingdom
I love apples and try to include one in my diet each day. There was a time when I ate two apples a day, doing the math on that is a whole lot of apples in a months time. The benefits of apples are just so amazing. I owned a website and have written and article on the benefits of apples along on how to grow and apple tree.

What also is amazing is the different variety of apples that can be found worldwide. I remembered back in the day as a kid growing up, one of my favorite tv shows was sesame street. How many of you remembered that my how the years fly. Now I am married with my own kids.

But there was a scene in there where this little muppet would say and I am sure that you have heard it before. It goes like this, and apple a day keeps the doctor away. Listen that is a nice saying and I wish that was all we needed was just and apple to stay healthy. But even though this is not the case apples still are one of my favorites and a great choice because these fruits do have their benefits. What are your thoughts?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8 B 15-20 F -9.4 -6.7c
Country
United Kingdom
I remember keratin the frog and miss piggy from Sesame street, those were the days forget mobile phones and all this techno stuff bring back the 1970s. ..

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
A is for Apple:) There is so Many variety's here in England(y) and many are ready to eat now & you will find a Tree in most gardens I Often find I have to stop And Pick one. Far to many Varity's to name. There Was once an Apple Orchard in every Village & every Village had an Apple named after it There where games like Good old fashion apple dunking ones & more Dangers ones for the wannabe Robin hoods out there Bow and arrow needed Don't Suggest trying that one lo........l o yes And don't forget not all apples are good to eat ................................................................
There is the well known blood-red apple which, when bitten, will send its victim into the Sleeping Death. A victim of that can only be revived by love's first kiss. It was once used by a Witch in an attempt to do away with Snow White in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. ;) I love Apples For there Taste & long-lasting freshness in the fruit bowl in comparison Most others are Compost in days from picking so Eat an Apple.........Just Walk in to a Supermarket in the UK & its often the first thing you will see:D

Ask a Question