Favorite Roses from around the World

Reaction score
I think " Dolce Vita " is really quite pretty Claudine and will look even more so when fully open - although I have to admit it is a very intense shade of pink - but all the same I do quite like it :)

How about something along similar lines but with slightly softer shading - like these little beauties

" Secret "

Rose - secret.jpg

Cresendo

rose called cresendo.jpg

rose - cresendo.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
'Cresendo' in the last picture looks heavenly beautiful, it's my dream rose! I'm sure that soon or later I'll start looking for it, I'd love to grow it in my garden:)
Here is something really intense - 'Cherry Brandy':

cherry-brandy.jpg

DSC04146.JPG

Reaction score
Agree with you Claudine " Cresendo " is absolutely gorgeous :)

Love the fiery colors of " Cherry Brandy " too - as they're very similar but much more intense to those of " Free Spirit " which you posted a while back :D

How about this very unique - show stopper of a rose - as when in bloom it looks like a multicolored rose bush - whose flower colors change on a daily basis - as although the flowers open yellow with orangey pink or red tints - as they age they change color - which makes for a truly eye-catching sight :)

Rio Samba - in bud

rose rio-samba.jpg

initial bloom colors

rose rio samba1.jpg

as they begin to change

Rose Rio Samba 2.jpg

resulting in this

Rose rio samba flowers.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wow, it's amazing! It looks like a completely different variety in the last picture! It's a beautiful rose. I've never seen it before, I haven't even heard of it.

I'm not sure how I feel about 'Bridal Piano':

Voyage-1.JPG

Bridalpiano-1.jpg

On one hand, its colors are lovely. On the other, these flowers seem a little too round and puffy:p

Reaction score
Although I think the color of " Bridal Piano " is lovely Claudine - like you - am not altogether sure that I like the shape very much - think I prefer roses to have a more defined shape like this one

Sheila's Perfume - which I love the color of too - as it looks so cheerful :)

Rose Sheilas-Perfume-w-120303.jpg

Rose - Sheila's perfume 1.jpg

rose sheilas perfume.jpg

Reaction score
Love it - think " Mardi Gras " is absolutely - drop dead gorgeous Claudine - love everything about it and can only imagine that a rose as gorgeous as this - would have a perfume to match :)

As " Mardi Gras " is such a gorgeous rose - it makes the task of what best could follow on from such a beauty - a little difficult - but feel that this very unique and unusual rose is more than a worthy - as its just as beautiful but in a different way :)

Michel Serrault - with its beautifully colored speckled petals

Rosa Michel Serrault 2.JPG.png

Rosa Michel Serrault 1.jpg

Rosa Michel Serrault 3.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
"Michel Serrault" is lovely, I like these delicate petals and intense colors:)

Here is one of the most unique roses I've ever seen, "Abracadabra" (such a great name!):

Abracadabra.JPG

Reaction score
Would agree Claudine think the name " Abracadabra " suits the unique colors of this rose perfectly - especially as each bloom is unique and totally different from any other :D

However even though I've always liked " Abracadabra " and always thought it to be an exquisite looking rose - its one that I prefer to see in a vase rather than growing in the garden - particularly as the majority of the ones that I've seen - tended to have a lot more yellow in them - than the one in your picture and looked what I would call " very busy " from a distance.

Although very similar to " Abracadabra " and actually even rarer and harder to get hold of - I would choose one of the two below - as they are a touch more subtle and a lot more versatile and particularly - my all time extra special favorite - " Hocus Pocus " - which looks absolutely stunning wherever it is :)

Hocus Pocus - in bud and the true color of this rose

rose hocus pocus .jpg

Hocuc Pocus - although not quite true to color - best shot of what it looks like in full bloom

rose hocus pocus (2).jpg

and Memphis Music

Rose memphis music7.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I think that "Hocuc Pocus" is much prettier than "Abracadabra", because it looks subtler and less chaotic:) But the truth is that I always avoid white and red flowers, because they look too patriotic (these are colors of Polish flag):p

I would be very, very happy, if I had a "Daybreaker" rose growing in my garden:

574236233_db00f43e85.jpg

Isn't it stunning?:love:

Reaction score
Oh no Claudine - I'd hate to think - you are thinking that " Hocus Pocus " is red and white - because its not - its actually red and gold - just like the color of the buds in the first picture and when the bloom is fully open - it looks like a beautiful red rose with subtle flecks of gold in the petals :)

Love the look of " Daybreaker " and especially how fresh and bright the colors are :D

As I'm sure that there are many people who - like me, love velvety red roses - here is one of my many favorites

Papa Meilland

Rosa Papa Meilland bud.jpg

Rose Papa Meilland web_1.jpg

Rose-Papa-Meilland-A .jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Haha, I was sure that " Hocus Pocus " is red and white, silly me, red and gold sounds so much better!:)
Papa Meilland is beautiful, I love its deep, rich color!

How do you feel about 'Princesse de Monaco'? In my opinion it looks really pretty:

3606955512_03706e11f9_z.jpg

Reaction score
I'm laughing Claudine because " Princesse de Monaco " is a rose that I like very much and also one which I had been planning to add - but you beat me to it lol :D

So instead - how about this lovely German bred rose called - " Die Welt " which in English means " The World "

rose -DieWeltBOM.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
" Die Welt " rose is very pretty, it looks like an orange version of "Princesse de Monaco":)

This is gorgeous "Summer Fashion", its flowers are very fragrant:

Newcamera036-1.jpg

Reaction score
I was thinking the same Claudine which is probably why I like " Die Welt " just as much as " Princesse de Monaco ".

Although I think " Summer Fashion " is a very pretty rose with a lovely name - am not altogether sure why - but am a bit undecided as to whether or not I like it - think it possibly has something to do with the coloring - as although " Summer Fashion " has similar markings on the petals - I much prefer the depth of color in this one :D

Madam A Meilland

Rosa Madam A Meilland.jpg

Ask a Question