Bananas for your roses

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
The next time you eat a banana save that peel and put it in the ground by your roses ,you will get bigger blooms and longer blooms from them and a lot more blooms .

j.w

Reaction score
I don't eat banana's but I'll do that sissy when my DH gets a desire to eat some.
Must be the potassium in them that they like?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have been trying to get hold of those for years they grow only on the outside humidity and misting ,no soil at least that's the kind we have here .Gosh and a banana a day is healthy for them also .Well at least the skin .

Reaction score
I have heard that, thanks for the tip, I have a small rose garden so I will try to add a peel. I did try to do that one time but the dog found it and had a good time playing with it. I have also heard used coffee grounds sprinkled around the plant is useful. Any one ever try that?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I use coffee grounds it keeps some bugs away and helps tomato plants .Also helps potato's produce more

Reaction score
Well then looks like there are a lot of uses for coffee grounds. I am going to start walking all the floors at work collecting all the used coffee filters, this company uses a LOT of coffee..

Reaction score
I collect a decent amount of banana peels and eggshells. Then I blend them with a small amount of coffee grounds adding some milk. Using enough milk I grind the mixture to a lumpy milkshake. Then I pour it on rose plants and vegetable plants. Try this method I bet your plant will bloom healthier and better than ever.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I've never heard about it, thank you for the tip!:D I'll definitely try to do this in my garden. Do you think that I can add banana peel to my miniature roses as well? I grow them in flowerpots.

Reaction score
I don't know but I did do egg shell and coffee grounds for my tomatoes, WOW! all I did was put some of this mixture in the hole I planted them in.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
But your tomatoes weren't in flowerpots, right? Or were they? I'm just wondering if I could do this... but now, as I think about it, it might be not such an good idea, because the peel would probably rot and smell and I keep my roses in my bedroom so this would be bothering:eek: .

Reaction score
The next time you eat a banana save that peel and put it in the ground by your roses ,you will get bigger blooms and longer blooms from them and a lot more blooms .
Yes , very much agreed . Potassium content of banana's skin is great for roses .

Reaction score
These are great tips. I use egg shells but never banana peels. I am sure most other plants would like them too. I hope that this does not attract gnats. I hate those things. Coffee ground always go straight into my plants. I am going to try the banana peel now. Thanks for sharing.

Ask a Question