Bananas for your roses

Reaction score
I have heard that, thanks for the tip, I have a small rose garden so I will try to add a peel. I did try to do that one time but the dog found it and had a good time playing with it. I have also heard used coffee grounds sprinkled around the plant is useful. Any one ever try that?

Thank you for that advise.
I also heard coffee grounds helps to control aphids. I hate aphids. But I also read that growing chives near a rose bush will help kill aphids.

Reaction score
I've always save my banana peels for my vegetable garden however i just have never used them in my flowers garden and i don't see the reason i haven't being doing this ; i guess at times i've got so much on my mind that i forget to do the little things that i'm suppose to do.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I save banana peels and used coffee ground for my garden in the summer. The problem I have is the squirrels. They eat everything whenever they have a chance, including tulip bulbs! It is a constant battle with them to keep my garden decent looking as there are so many holes by their digging.

Ask a Question