What's your latest garden buy/ bargain.....share please.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Morrisons are very good with their fuchsias. Cheap but the flowers are always prolific and showy. Your hubby has done well.

I saw another salix in and I so wanted it. It was £8. A bit taller and will look better.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Look what I got!! :D A Lemon Thyme. I crushed a leaf between my fingers, and if it tastes half as good as it smells, I'll be very happy. Looks like I'd better be buying more fish. (y)

0416181527A.jpg

I got it yesterday, it was $3.21 after my 10% discount. Not sure if that's a bargain :cautious: but I'm probably $5 worth of happy, so I'm calling it good. :D Going to repot it today.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Upsy Daisy, if you are willing to fly over here for a fish supper, I will gladly provide it!! :p

Do you like tilapia? Perhaps lemon salmon with dill? (It's 10 am, and :eek: I want fish supper!!) I'll even let you choose the sides!! (y) :ROFLMAO:

I'm going to need more time. Er... thyme! :LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I'm always going around in the winter to pick up leaves from what people leave in the front of their houses for city pick-up. This saves me tons of money on mulching, tons...since I mulch the vast majority of my yard. I always go thru the rich neighborhoods, that way I know I'm only going to get yard waste and not other trash thrown in -- I've learned my lesson well on that point.

Here in Florida, gardeners love buying potted mums in Christmas, so as I was picking up leaves one day (in January) I saw a potted mum plant laying on the curb for city pick up, these plants cost at least $20, but this one had a really fancy pot, so probably more...I don't do container gardening, so I planted it in my garden and it's now coming back to life and even blooming.

017.JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@roadrunner Last year, I also picked up leaves left bagged in clear plastic outside a church and outside someone else's house. I shredded it this spring and now the bits of leaves are bagged up and I am waiting for them to decompose into leave mold. That's a lovely plant and you can even take cuttings and have tons of them or overwinter them.

Well done, rr!
SAM_0491.JPG

I wanted to get a conifer for £1 but it's gone and I got this Broom instead for £2. I always wanted one as it is nearly the first plant to flower in harsh cold winter/spring.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
On Friday got these.Agastache Kudos Coral
They were £6.99each free p&p. From Marshalls seeds. Had to pot them up and keep them in the concervatory to harden them off.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks Alp, I hope that i don't kill it before it's done anything.:D At that price I hope not.
The flowers looks like a salvia.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

This morning I bought an hose pipe kit from Morrison's costing £5; it has the connectors and sprinkler etc. What a load of rubbish; the plastic threads in the couplers don't tighten without jumping the threads; I can't be bothered taking them back. This is the first time in years I've used our hose pipe and I think a thumb over the hose end takes some beating it being pretty reliable apart from the odd spray of water in my face.

I'll have a look round for more expensive brass type fittings but I think from Wednesday I'll be joined by Blackie as he returns from holiday putting lots of rain down.

Strange isn't it how weeds like Cleavers grow at a fantastic pace without any help whatsoever from me but seeds I sow are shy?

Kind regards, Colin.

Ask a Question