What's the name this mushroom? Good or bad for the garden? Poisonous or not?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
What's the name this mushroom? Good or bad for the garden? poisonous or not? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_7021.JPG
    IMG_7021.JPG
    261.3 KB · Views: 412
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Great Mushrooms(y). There are no bad ones in my book Just a few silly people who eat them before knowing what they are. Your garden is better with them & richer for it;) they only feed on dead matter & help clean up your soil for next years plants.They are not one of the really bad poisonous ones but not sure of the species off the top of my head ps looks like one has been eaten by something:D

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Could be honey fungus. Whatever you do, don't eat it. You need to show how the gill separates from the stem; the root ball bulbous or not and if there is a ring somewhere between the gill and the root. Don't eat any mushrooms as some nasties can give you multiple organ failure! No laughing matter!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Could be honey fungus. Whatever you do, don't eat it. You need to show how the gill separates from the stem; the root ball bulbous or not and if there is a ring somewhere between the gill and the root. Don't eat any mushrooms as some nasties can give you multiple organ failure! No laughing matter!

Hi alp, thanks for the info. Will do more reading. I won't eat those. Just want to know if it's safe to kids and pets. If not, I will get rid of those.

Gail_68

Beauty blooms in the garden as well as the heart.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
No mushrooms are fit for human consumption. None. Ever. Yuck
I totally agree but in another area I used to live in there was a massive field and you would see teenagers picking them to make weed :mad:

Ask a Question