What's your latest garden buy/ bargain.....share please.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I don't have much luck with bulbs....planted some tulips and am now waiting with bated breath to see if they bloom!
So, tempting fate I also bought these from Poundland....wish me luck please;)
IMG_20180331_210730_hdr.jpg
IMG_20180331_210637_hdr.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Upsy Daisy They are fine. I had them before. Nothing wrong with them. I have actively sought out £1 plants from Poundland. Astilbe only £1, so were frilly edged oriental poppy which captivated @MaryMary, Gloriosa ..Nothing wrong at all.

Watch out for the lovely achillea .. They were such good value!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Kept thinking that I should buy a plant with flowers, so travelled all the way to Lidl again. Saw the Salix Kilmarnock reduced to £5. Very pleased as on Wednesday, it was £5.99. At the checkout, it was embarrassing as the woman said she needed to get code. She went out and came back and keyed in the code. £2.99
SAM_0180.JPG

Bought the magnolia for £5.99
SAM_0193.JPG

Half of the branches are broken. Pray I can keep it alive.

Also, couldn't resist the 50p offer and bought primrose x 6 for 50p. Then son said the Dahlia and begonias in Homebase were reduced to £1.. Bought 4 packets. Crazy for dinnerplate!
SAM_0194.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
We went into a nearby town for shopping, and stopped by a (gasp!) big-box store. I hit the jackpot with four 3" pots of cherry tomatoes and herbs on sale. I had been looking for Mexican tarragon, either seed or plants, with no luck, and by golly, there the plants were--green, healthy, and on sale! I also got red, black, and yellow cherry tomatoes and a six-pack of coleus to put in the front planters.
French tarragon just doesn't like our humidity, but the Mexican tastes the same and can survive here. Whoo-hoo, there's Herbes de Provence in our future!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I also got red, black, and yellow cherry tomatoes

Wow! Wish I were there. I also like tarragons, but seeds are not easy to find. Wednesday, I need to buy some rocket seeds as the snow might have put paid to the seeds in the ground. So far, I haven't seen any tomato seedlings.

Well done, @marlingardener ! You know how I feel when I hit on bargains .. Indescribable joy!

Ask a Question