What's your latest garden buy/ bargain.....share please.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I also bought one spiral Thuja Emerald (Smaragd) for a tenner. Like this
upload_2018-3-14_6-18-43.png

Miracot for a tenner - cross between mirabelle and apricot
upload_2018-3-14_6-20-45.jpeg

A standard of variegated ivy.
8a61f819e6304ffe6fec038b64ae7f61--ilex-aquifolium-hedges.jpg

A rose Arthur Bell for a tenner AGM

Hope it's going to be like this

upload_2018-3-14_6-23-12.jpeg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Greatest bargain of all--Free! A lady at the hair salon is moving to an assisted living home, and is selling off some of her belongings. Because I had given her eggs and vegetables in the past, she put all, and I mean ALL of her garden tools in the trunk of her car and gave them to me! I tried to pay her, but she refused, saying they were old tools, some of them her mother's, and she wanted to know they would be taken care of and used. I was flabbergasted, and touched.

That lady is going to have bouquets of roses, baskets of tomatoes, and a card at every holiday. Can you believe the generosity?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Greatest bargain of all--Free! A lady at the hair salon is moving to an assisted living home, and is selling off some of her belongings. Because I had given her eggs and vegetables in the past, she put all, and I mean ALL of her garden tools in the trunk of her car and gave them to me! I tried to pay her, but she refused, saying they were old tools, some of them her mother's, and she wanted to know they would be taken care of and used. I was flabbergasted, and touched.

That lady is going to have bouquets of roses, baskets of tomatoes, and a card at every holiday. Can you believe the generosity?

That's because you're such a nice person. I wouldn't be surprised. I love old tools as the quality is usually much more superior. And you feel the love when you are using it ..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I have a box for £10, a heather called whiteness for 50p and a primrose for £1.99. The last one is not cheap, but I have been hunting for it.
SAM_0253.JPG

Also a 1.5 foot tall ceanothus for £2!
SAM_0251.JPG
SAM_0250.JPG

And a credit card bill for £450 again! So NO more gardening outside until the end of the month!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Upsy: Saw this last year and was unwilling to pay for it. This year, I just couldn't find it until today. There are so many pretty ones there. That's really a superb nursery, especially when they have clearance. £2 for a ceanothus is a bargain. It's quite big. Any way, you won't see any more bargain within 14 days. Credit card is for FOOD only.

Just the tyres and passport cost me £200 plus...

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom

That's really nice of her and they'll be treasured.

Ask a Question