What's your latest garden buy/ bargain.....share please.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Can't resist the temptation

Went to Wyevale at 2pm
SAM_0981.JPG
SAM_0982.JPG
SAM_0984.JPG

upload_2018-8-27_18-3-20.png

Bought 5 of these @£1 each. Could have got more, but worried about the axle. Last week, we paid £2 each!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@alp you've got a lot of tomato seeds there, great. I used to grow a lot of them, different types of cherry ones. The large ones need more time to ripen here. You're going to have a good time next year. I always put mine in a tin and keep cool.:)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@alp you've got a lot of tomato seeds there, great. I used to grow a lot of them, different types of cherry ones. The large ones need more time to ripen here. You're going to have a good time next year. I always put mine in a tin and keep cool.:)

Thank you for the advice. I have tried one big one this year, gigatomo, but they are still very small and suddenly, the weather has gone cold. Keep my finger crossed.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
:wideyed: Oooh!! What is the yellow variety of tomato on the bottom of the top picture? They look like a bunch of grapes, and for some reason, that makes me very happy! (y)

Also, I know I am supposed to be looking at the seed packs, but what a pretty tablecloth!! Love those colors! :love:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
:wideyed: Oooh!! What is the yellow variety of tomato on the bottom of the top picture? They look like a bunch of grapes, and for some reason, that makes me very happy! (y)

Also, I know I am supposed to be looking at the seed packs, but what a pretty tablecloth!! Love those colors! :love:

Haha! My late mother-in-law would never forget/forgive me for this choice. That was the only time when we went shopping together and who would have blame her:eek::LOL:. She wanted to sew the settee cover and armchair covers for us. We went round and round to choose this material. She prefer Chintz stuff. But I preferred dark colours as they wouldn't show up dirt easily. I refused to be enslaved by any materials which would show up dirt. So she was very disappointed that I should choose this colour. With extra material, she made this table cloth x 2 . I must say the quality shows as it is nearly 22 years old.

The grapes are Lidi with Incredible cropping power! I hope so. Ex went out for a walk with son and so now I have my free time.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
rps20181005_074850.jpg
These 2 pittostrums, one Golf Ball and the other Hole In One , were so far gone the local nursery were giving them away. Once I started trimming off the dead twigs they started lending themselves to the good old clouding effect so I've gone with that. These 2 only grow to 80cm, about 2 ft I think, so they should look effective in pots. Lucky day:)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
View attachment 45958 These 2 pittostrums, one Golf Ball and the other Hole In One , were so far gone the local nursery were giving them away. Once I started trimming off the dead twigs they started lending themselves to the good old clouding effect so I've gone with that. These 2 only grow to 80cm, about 2 ft I think, so they should look effective in pots. Lucky day:)

Yes, they look so robust. I clicked to enlarge it and you're very lucky to have got such healthy plants. I think GC just doesn't want to hang onto them as they need watering and what not. Bargain and ideal long-term investment and great assets to your garden. I can see the cloud effect from the pics. Here in Garden Rescue, Charlie Dimmock frame it with a moon shape. Similar to this! So much drama! You can use a metal ring ..

upload_2018-10-5_9-15-53.jpeg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
That does look impressive alp. We are going back to Kuala Lumpur for this Christmas to be with our son and daughter in law and there's a lot of clouding going on there :) . I was inspired on my firsr visit so I'm sure I will be again.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
That does look impressive alp. We are going back to Kuala Lumpur for this Christmas to be with our son and daughter in law and there's a lot of clouding going on there :) . I was inspired on my firsr visit so I'm sure I will be again.

You can fashion those bargain. I have one pyramid and now I want to turn another into a ball. If I go to gc again, I might get the cheaper one and turn it into a cloud. I wish I had nurseries which would give away stuff. Here, it's more like you throw away their unwanted dying plants. Have a good time in Kuala Lumpur. Love their noodles.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I love their noodles too alp. I do find the heat on KL a bit exhausting bit I know what to expect this time. My sons' in- laws have a big tropical garden and I am looking forward to our stay there.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I love their noodles too alp. I do find the heat on KL a bit exhausting bit I know what to expect this time. My sons' in- laws have a big tropical garden and I am looking forward to our stay there.

Yes, @DeborahJane I love the nutty flavour of this noodle and I want to get a recipe to make one for my son or vice versa. The latter is better, of course. You know, when I was going round gcs, I kept thinking about your cloud effect and was dithering whether to go back and bought one £6.50 boxus to shape into clouds. I have now decided to use one that we already have bought. It was supposed to be a pyramid; but as I have already have one pyramid, I will change the other one into a cloud. Son said he would have a go. The cloud trees are now very popular .. we see them everywhere with a £200 or £150 price tag. Do upload some of your lovely pictures on the forum please. You know I am nosy! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Niwaki 庭木

Here is an interesting video

I wish I had not removed my yew tree now!:banghead::inpain:

Was thinking of stretching it, but it was like 40 years old and very stiff and tall.

My pathetic attempt

SAM_1257.JPG
SAM_1258.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
How fascinating alp.
I can't wait till daylight to check out the potential to "nikawi" a tree in my garden . There really is no end to creating in the garden is there? What are your clouds....box? Looking good

Ask a Question