What's your latest garden buy/ bargain.....share please.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
My latest bargains is plants from Deacon's Nursery - Gala, Katja and a twin apricot. Shame I was a bit too. Wanted twin apricot/nectarine, but sold out! They are like under £7 whilst some £12.. Also ordered a grape.. waiting delivery end of November.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
My latest bargains is plants from Deacon's Nursery - Gala, Katja and a twin apricot. Shame I was a bit too. Wanted twin apricot/nectarine, but sold out! They are like under £7 whilst some £12.. Also ordered a grape.. waiting delivery end of November.
That's a great price.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Peach/Nectarine/Apricot Twin Combinations - Nectarine/Apricot 1 £10.88
Katja - M27 2-5 years 1 £8.75
Black Hamburg - 2nd Year 1 £9.25
Gala - M26 2-5 years 1 £9.88
Peach/Nectarine/Apricot Twin Combinations - Twin Nectarine 1 £10.88
So they are a bit more expensive. But the postage is £15 coming out of Isle of Wight. I think the Katja is a bit cheaper now that I have change the M27 to M26. Now I need a conference pear. I am eyeing up one in Homebase!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Glad you got them alp. :)

I'm in an irresistable mood at the moment....or, rather the plants on offer are irresistable....so I have ordered yet another, viz. edgeworthia Red Dragon. I had a discount available to me, a good price anyway and a perfect spot for this so how could I say no? ;)
I have grown edgeworthia elsewhere....a golden yellow variety, name escapes me at the moment, and the scent was out of this world. As good as daphne but earlier, over winter and early spring.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I was thrilled by the prices. I hope they are not too small when they arrive.. Verdun..Wish I had acted on it quicker..

Where will you buy this beauty from, Verdun? It looks stunning. Don't think I have seen it before.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think you will be happy with them alp. Deacons are first class :)
I ordered egeworthia from Burncoose nurseries.....only 10 or so miles from me. :) It isnt the most hardy plant in the world and its growing requirements need to be carefully considered :)

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I think you will be happy with them alp. Deacons are first class :)
I ordered egeworthia from Burncoose nurseries.....only 10 or so miles from me. :) It isnt the most hardy plant in the world and its growing requirements need to be carefully considered :)

Shame I missed the other one. Can't remember which. I hope Katja is the same as Katy.. I would be hopping mad if it isn't. Very happy at those prices.

So envious of your new plant..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
The council used to plant a small but very sweet raspberry outside the fire station, but now austerity has left an empty massive trough in the same place!

Great that you're a happy customer!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Had 2 packets of free seed when i placed a seed order. Waited for a offer of free p&p on everything. When i ordered the rhubarb i ordered the seed. I paid for flower seed called Erigeron for my baskets and free seed of poppies and peppers. Very pleased.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Free .. Whopee!

Mine is not free

Mother in law £1.62 from £5

SAM_0395.JPG

And these little cuties £2 to 62p with a tiny ceramic pots. Sad they never give you the name. Succulent and foliage .. Everything is generic to save money or argument!
SAM_0392.JPG
SAM_0394.JPG
SAM_0393.JPG

Love the hairy thing! I blame @Rey for his detrimental influence on my buying the last two.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I must say I have never seen such likes.. It's my guilty pleasure.. feeling like bad whilst buying them as I really mustn't buy any more. Just now, I read in Radio Times that 2 Judas trees going for £10 and of course, there is the blessed p&p. The colour and the fragrance are my weaknesses..

Ask a Question