What's your latest garden buy/ bargain.....share please.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there @sparkles... welcome to the forum, and thanks for contributing to my thread :)(y)

I know what you mean ....I'm guilty too of giving into.... plant temptation!!!! I really do try my hardest to resist.........honestly;);)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
As the weather was so bright and neighbour's window's open and I kept thinking of @Upsy Daisy 's "Am I too late planting my tulips?" I decided to take a chance and get the chauffeur (who always wants to go out driving the car and be my BOSS!) to drive to Summerhill gc.

Some erythronium are like dead so even though I really wanted them, I had to remove them at the checkout. I bought 3 tulips (Maywood, a red frilly one), another one Curly Sue (a magenta curly one) and a Black Parrot ( a black curly one) You can see what's TRENDING for me?! Hehe!

Very happy to have bought a packet of white camassi:LOL:, a purple camassi Quamash:LOL:, a fragrant narcissus with yellow crown, an erythronium White beauty:LOL:.. All for £14.92! Very happy!

A haemorrhaging, but a very happy one!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I'm glad that I remember your wondering if it's too late to plant the bulbs. No, believe you me, but do hurry. I saw some bulbs with green tips. £1.49 for 3 camassi bulbs - I'm thrilled. I have also got a narcissus with ruffle crown, very big and very different. Will plant them out later. I have to think of Colin so that I can brace myself to do the job..

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
My Lucky Leaf Commercial Grade 33" LED grow light finally arrived yesterday. It took 10 days to get here. It was mailed 2 Day Priority Mail. Good old US Post Office!
Store_Procyon_Large_8.jpg

Here's a picture from very early this morning.
Happy Leaf-Procyon Ultra 33 inch - 2017 Model.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Wonder if you could tell me the running cost, MS!

You've done very well. Look at all the seedlings .. Nice to see .. a joy to behold.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Retail price $179. I had a few per-sale questions, and in one of the responses, they gave me a 10% discount code, so I got it for $161.10 and free shipping.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I mean how much to have it on one whole night please. I'd love to explore the method. Roughly would be fine.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I mean how much to have it on one whole night please. I'd love to explore the method. Roughly would be fine.

It is on a digital timer that came with it. They recommend 16 hours a day. I have it set to come on at 3:30am (about when I get up) and go off at 7:30pm (about when I go to bed). It draws 48 watts. I used a watts x hours calculator I found on line. It comes to 0.768kWh a day. I pay $0.06 a for a kilowatt. So, less than $0.05 a day, or less than 0.04£ a day.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Gee! I need to migrate to the US. Electricity is so cheap! Thank you for the useful information. Have you got the name again? I need to google at this end.

Ask a Question