What's your latest garden buy/ bargain.....share please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Alp, you are getting very smart with your haggling :). Respect :)

Got a couple of geums and linarias due tomorrow.
Where though do they go? The former want moisture retentive soil; the latter need sharp drainage. I can cater for this...the front garden is drier whereas at back the soil is richer. Having tucked away many of my tender plants I realise I have so many beautiful plants to find homes for! :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
You know. I basically took the free pot and chucked it into my compost heap. LOL!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Mr.Fothergills is having a free p&p weekend on everything. That's £4.95 on no seed order.
Going to order a new rhubarb called Apple Delight. Autumn cropping.
IMG_20171117_082301.jpg

Don't know if i'll have the 3 plants, don't know where to put them.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Trying a new fertilizer on my indoor kitchen garden. In the past I used a Jobe's organic granular fertilizer and made a tea out of it, but after I applied it, the kitchen stunk to high heaven. Yesterday, I found Jobe’s Organics All Purpose Fertilizer 5-2-3 Water Soluble Plant Food Mix with Biozome. This comes as a powder you dilute in water. Very mild odor. Let's see how it does on my newest crop of lettuce, spinach and basil.
51-1Tvn3+IL._AC_US218_.jpg

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Mr.Fothergills is having a free p&p weekend on everything. That's £4.95 on no seed order.
Going to order a new rhubarb called Apple Delight. Autumn cropping.
View attachment 29631
Don't know if i'll have the 3 plants, don't know where to put them.
Just ordered these rhubarb plants. Desided on the 3 plant offer. Get them 10-14 days.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
@MoonShadows i wouldn't use a feed on salad crops, it's more for a crop that's going to take a long time. Like the crops that's on the box.:)

Not sure why...can you expand on that? :confused: I will apply it once just after the seedlings pop their heads out of the ground (used to do the same thing with the tea I mentioned). I use a fertilizer with beneficial microorganisms because I have been using the same soilless mix in this planter for a long time. The box says you can re-apply every 7-28 days, but lettuce and spinach are so fast-growing, I only use it once.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure why...can you expand on that? :confused: I will apply it once just after the seedlings pop their heads out of the ground (used to do the same thing with the tea I mentioned). I use a fertilizer with beneficial microorganisms because I have been using the same soilless mix in this planter for a long time. The box says you can re-apply every 7-28 days, but lettuce and spinach are so fast-growing, I only use it once.
If you're using the same compost,then yes you can use it. If you were using new compost then they wouldn't need any food.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Yes, I have been using the same soilless potting mix for my indoor kitchen garden for a while. That's why I give it a "boost" of organic fertilizer with each new crop. Thanks!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
rps20171121_050729.jpg
Very exciting. I do have a metal swing in another "room" in my garden and it is the pefect position to catch the winter sun but scortching in the summer sun. I saw this swing 6 months ago an desperately wanted it. Took a bit of justifying, after all it is a bit extravagant but I managed it;). I'd saved up over half and got the balance as my early xmas presssie. Happy as:):LOL::love::ROFLMAO:. It's the coolest area in summer with shade and a breeze. Now it's a matter of getting it level and looking like it belongs:love:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
rps20171121_050445.jpg
Super size Cat Grass for Polly as she loves Cat Grass. Buries her head in it and rests her forearm or foreleg on it to sleep. I think it's like maybe Pollys version of Esther's martini with 3 olives.;):)(y)

Ask a Question