Stunning succulent ground cover

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Maddie, the first picture doesn't show up for me.
I like the little succulent in the second picture, it looks adorable. Miniature things always are adorable:D
I love the colors:

64-Beautiful-Succulents-Wedding-Party-Favors.jpg

Reaction score
I like those ideas but it all depends on where you live correct? Because I live in Canada where there is a lot of snow most of the year so that will really be hard to maintain right?

Reaction score
I like those ideas but it all depends on where you live correct? Because I live in Canada where there is a lot of snow most of the year so that will really be hard to maintain right?
If you have those succulents in containers as in the picture above you can take them in for winter. A friend of mine does just that each year. They are happy under the growlights he got for his plants. His ficus too remain evergreen. He keeps thanking me every year for having recommended them. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'm not surprised that succulents are becoming more popular, they're such unique and interesting plants, and they come in so many different shapes and colors, you simply can't get bored with them.
These are really pretty:

IMG_2921%20-1.jpg

Reaction score
Succulents have always been popular with gardeners.They are easy to care for and look pretty all the time. you really don't need to water or feed them so much. They thrive on neglect. There are more colors and hybrids available in the market today making them all the more attractive. I have always had succulents and cactuses from the time I was a kid.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Well, in the past I didn't really like them, because I'm not too fond of plants that don't have regular leafs or plants that look too exotic. I changed my mind thanks to this thread, now I really want to grow some succulents:)
This looks very pretty:

succulent-centerpieces-for-your-recepton-table-13-500x750.jpg

Reaction score
Well, in the past I didn't really like them, because I'm not too fond of plants that don't have regular leafs or plants that look too exotic. I changed my mind thanks to this thread, now I really want to grow some succulents:)
This looks very pretty:

succulent-centerpieces-for-your-recepton-table-13-500x750.jpg
I am glad you like succulents now, Claudine. They are such versatile plants. I really like the way the use succulents as table decorations.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Yes, succulents make a lovely table decoration. Just look at this picture, isn't it the cutest and the prettiest idea ever?:D :

636_500_csupload_19474399.jpg

Reaction score
I love succulents. In the Okanagan, the only succulent anyone seemed to have were hen and chicks, and they grew these long phallic shoots - ew! Here in Ontario, I've discovered some new varieties of hen and chicks, stonecrop, kalanchoe, jade, and some others that I have that I don't actually know the name of...:oops: I've put them in the garden where the soil is poor, and in an old chiminea on the front porch, with a coconut mat liner, and I've got a few in pots in the house.

My son just made a succulent bowl for my daughter for her birthday, using cuttings from the garden and some indoor plants - it is sweet, and she's ecstatic.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
My son just made a succulent bowl for my daughter for her birthday, using cuttings from the garden and some indoor plants - it is sweet, and she's ecstatic.

This is so adorable! I would love to get a gift like this too, your son had a really great idea:)

Here is another interesting table decorated with succulents, it's really simple, but still quite pretty:

succulent_table.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wow, it's so pretty! I really like it. The little stones are a nice decoration too and the succulents look lovely. How old is your son? I wish I had a brother who would give me a gift like this:D

Reaction score
He's 15, and my daughter just turned 19. And she's a real girly girl too, so she just loved the miniature garden.

I wish we had more of a variety of succulents available here. I wonder if there are any online nurseries in Canada that sell them.

Ask a Question