Stunning succulent ground cover

Reaction score
He's 15, and my daughter just turned 19. And she's a real girly girl too, so she just loved the miniature garden.

I wish we had more of a variety of succulents available here. I wonder if there are any online nurseries in Canada that sell them.

I am sure you will find them In Canada. They are available everywhere these days. Try Ebay you might even find plants at a throw away price.
This succulent thread has really had my imagination soaring high.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Yesterday, I saw a few succulents in a supermarket, so yes, it's very easy to buy them, at least here, in my area.
These red succulents look almost like roses:

4857809-red-yucca-succulent-plants.jpg

Reaction score
This thread has given me plenty of ideas for next year as well. I still have some sandy, drying soil areas in my flower garden to plant into, if I can find some more fun hardy succulents. I imagine that many of the ones in the pictures won't survive a -30 winter, but if I can find somewhere to buy them, I will happily make portable displays.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I've found something absolutely gorgeous...a succulent tree:

asian-garden-sculptures.jpg

It looks very unique and gorgeous, doesn't it? Also, during colder days you can always hide it indoors:)

Reaction score
That is gorgeous! You could make it as tall as you want, with different sized balls. I wonder if you could make different geometrical shapes somehow....

Reaction score
Wow some great pictures here that have given me some new ideas, and motivation, for my garden. Adding a small pond to my backyard soon, would these kinds of ground cover do well around/near a small pond?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
To be honest, I'm not sure if you can grow succulents near a small pond...it might be too wet for them. If you notice that they're soft and discolored, it means that they're overwatered.

This looks so pretty!:

Succulents.jpg

Reaction score
Most nurseries have a section for pond plants that grow in around or on the water. Succulents are more desert-y plants, and probably won't do well in a high moisture environment.

That is a beautiful planter. I just love the pinky/purple ones!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I was looking for some pictures of succulents growing around ponds and I haven't found any, so I guess it's not the best area for them.

While I was wandering the net, I found this lovely picture:

Succulent-Plant-Balls.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Jeanne90, succulents come in so many different colors, I love it too. Thanks to their diversity, you can make so many lovely decorations with them. Here is another succulent "painting", I really want to have something like this:

succulent-art-wall.jpg
Love the arrangement.............you are genius

Reaction score
Country
United States
I also want to contribute. I don't have nice pictures but I will share some info related to succlents

Reaction score
Country
United States

Ask a Question