Stunning succulent ground cover

Reaction score
I really don't like succulents and I prefer not to have them in my garden but I must say that I love most of the pictures here, they're stunning. Who would think that succulents can look so nice?:p
I found another interesting picture:

390Echeveria_elegans5.jpg

That is a lovely rock garden.. that maybe the only plant that will grow there..
I love succulents.. especially kalanchoes they come in different colors and are amazing..
sg011217kalanchoe200.jpg

here is a lovely succulent patch ..
11-01-27-SD-Botanic-Gardens-05.jpg

Reaction score
All the succulents are so beautiful and interesting. I think I will have to start incorporating them into my flower beds.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Maddie, thank you for sharing all these pictures, I really had no idea succulents can look so pretty.
This looks like a piece of art, it's gorgeous:

succulent%20garden.jpg

Reaction score
Oh Claudine, thank you for sharing that photo. It is a piece of art! What a great idea, and so fun and interesting to look at! I love all the pictures that have been posted. Thank you all for such great ideas!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Maddie, thank you for sharing all these pictures, I really had no idea succulents can look so pretty.

Claudine, I love those framed succulent gardens you can hang on the wall; they are so pretty. I'm surprised you hadn't discovered these before. I know you don't have a lot of space for new plants, but maybe you could do something like this:

IMG_0445.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
ChanellG, It looks amazing!:D It's a wonderful idea and it's so unique! I haven't seen anything like it before. But how to water these succulents?

Reaction score
Claudine, I love those framed succulent gardens you can hang on the wall; they are so pretty. I'm surprised you hadn't discovered these before. I know you don't have a lot of space for new plants, but maybe you could do something like this:

IMG_0445.jpg
This looks adorable. I am sure this is one of the easiest things to grow in a string garden. I wish I had more succulents at the moment.. I am going to get some and get this done at the earliest.. lol.
Succulents don't need too much watering.. since the base is made of moss ( so I suppose) just misting this lovely bunch would be enough. Once a a while I guess we could give it a soak in water and hang it back once it drains out. But, succulent do need a lot of light so we need to hang this in a light airy spot which catches a bit of sun :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
My wife and I love succulents. The posts in this thread have made me love them even more, thanks for sharing all the ideas!

What does everyone do with their succulents during the cold winter months, if planted outdoors, if you live in an area that is affected by cold temps?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
How do you feel about these succulent wedding decorations? It's something not for me because I don't find succulents romantic enough but I quite like how it looks...for sure it's very unique:

newport-wedding-succulents.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
@Claudine - The wedding photos are beautiful. I love the succulents planted in the shape of the couple's initials! I'd love to have something like that - I'm going to have to look into that letter. I know I've seen something someplace that would allow me to do that...

Oh, and the balls above are probably equipped with a reservoir or just misted at watering time. If you added small amounts of water you wouldn't have to worry about drip.

@Maddie - I think the succulent balls are probably even easier than a string garden. The water requirement is minimal and I think misting would be enough though it might have to be done frequently.

@Tradewinds, the only succulents I have at the moment are aloe vera, and they do just fine outdoors year round. If we are threatened by a freeze I cover all of my plants.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
@Chanellg, thanks for teaching me two things today.

1) The @name is a great way to respond to others, without cluttering up your reply with a lot of message quotes.
2) I never knew that aloe vera was a succulent, but it makes sense know that you mentioned it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I found a very pretty succulent wedding bouquet, I really like its colors:

succulent+bouquet1.jpg

And here are a few succulent decorations, I find these pictures really inspiring, especially the wreath looks interesting:

momental_designs237.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I love this idea! Saw it on Pinterest and followed the link. Unfortunately, the site it brought me to didn't have any how-to on creating the tower, but maybe I'll research it down the road. I guess you would have to wrap the tomato cage in chicken wire to hold the soil in...

succulents.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
ChanellG, this succulent tower is such a nice decoration, I really like how it looks. Honestly, I had no idea that succulents can be so pretty and that you can do so many interesting things with them.

I love these wreaths, they make a very nice decoration:

15100523_ZoomLarge1_1.jpg

il_fullxfull.195576432.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Claudine, I absolutely love succulent wreaths! That blue one is gorgeous! I have been thinking about getting one of those vases that hangs on the wall for my front door, but now I may try and do a succulent wreath instead. Or maybe I will hang the vase for now and do a wreath later when I have more time to put one together.

Ask a Question