Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Mini heatwave on the way
I'd settle for that right now :)

Working indoors today.
Lets just call this a little "Work in Progress" :whistle:. Bamboo and Pine Cones req.
sml hive 1.jpg

Timber scraps from the bin, Throw nothing away (with a little ethnic Pyrography) hahaha

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@BigC that looks great. Your really good at carpentry. Hubby's been trying to summer prune the supper column apples tree. But he had to clear the spent raspberry canes first, that's Growing around it. I've been picking some blackberries. Doing the dinner now, always have it early. Got the pressure cooker on.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, folks, Been to bootsale, KFC, Homebase to get the £2.89 crates and have dinner. Slept most of the day as I had to get up 3.30am to get things ready for the bootsales. Made a terrible mistake and gave away £14.50. I don't even know what I have sold as I came back the same number of bags and crates. Life is so hard in bootsales. If you say £5, they say £1. When you give them a good and reasonable price, say £5, they want £3 and £4 if they are KIND!

Any way, came home with £45 after the loss of stall fee of the £12 and the £14.50 loss. Sold my enormous squashes and marrows and some people instagram my squash whilst other kept asking me if they were watermelon. Made some friends as well. Both love gardening ..

My son laughed when he read @BigC 's overdrinking .. You naughty man - he would think it is now even more acceptable to drink. I said to him: but BigC works very hard and look at his lovely bugs hotel, on top of everything else. He saw the hotel and realised what a brilliant artworker you are!

@Logan You know Elizabeth Moss (i.e. Robin) is a scientologist .. Enough said. Now I have to be very careful what I type here. My little man is laughing about scientologist ..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
My son laughed when he read @BigC 's overdrinking .. You naughty man - he would think it is now even more acceptable to drink. I said to him: but BigC works very hard and look at his lovely bugs hotel, on top of everything else. He saw the hotel and realised what a brilliant artworker you are!
A lot to be said for a good Ale (I spent most of my early legal drinking life in Yorkshire :) )
I just like to fashion things from wood..sometimes I think I give myself too much to do...cant sit still..what do they say Idle hands do the Devils work..I'm not religious by any means but that statement seems to make sense.:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
. Made a terrible mistake and gave away £14.50.
Not like you to do that...this is gonna haunt you for some time...Anyway BIG Lesson learnt.....next time you'll not be so overawed with punters looking things for nowt....I too like to haggle but not to the point of being embarrassingly cheeky.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@BigC that looks great. Your really good at carpentry. Hubby's been trying to summer prune the supper column apples tree. But he had to clear the spent raspberry canes first, that's Growing around it. I've been picking some blackberries. Doing the dinner now, always have it early. Got the pressure cooker on.
Would love to be surrounded by all that fruit @Logan...amazing

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Not like you to do that...this is gonna haunt you for some time...Anyway BIG Lesson learnt.....next time you'll not be so overawed with punters looking things for nowt....I too like to haggle but not to the point of being embarrassingly cheeky.

Don't rub it in, young man or I will report your drinking to your missus... I'm already riddled with guilt .. and have occasioned some touret episodes .. :eek::LOL:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
No, nothing to do with the series .. Just she's speaking for the RELIGION and people troll her.. Now, which is more pathetic .. I can't truly tell!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Don't rub it in, young man or I will report your drinking to your missus
Oh I think she's well aware hahaha she buys it...M&S Dine In meals come with a bottle of plonk...lol

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
To tell the truth, if my son can turn out beautiful handiworks like yours, he deserves a drink... don't you think @BigC ?

.. umm I can see a very red face .. either from embarrassment or from the amber nectar! :p:D

Ask a Question