Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Went to bed 10.30pm and woke up just now. Nice to have all the quiet to myself .. Need to seal up the gaps in the garage discovered by son on Saturday and get rid of some of the bootsale stuff.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning @Logan and the boys .. Just taken the rubbish out and it's drizzling.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
To tell the truth, if my son can turn out beautiful handiworks like yours, he deserves a drink... don't you think @BigC ?

.. umm I can see a very red face .. either from embarrassment or from the amber nectar! :p:D

Hahaha...I'll drink to that :)

3E5E823500000578-4324238-image-a-19_1489763210966.jpg

Give the lad some credit he will surprise you :)....and may even surpass my efforts....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning @Logan ..et al
Welcome to the miserable weather club hahaha
yours may be temporary but I'm in it for the long haul geographically speaking :rolleyes:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Should have stayed with your wife in out beautiful Yorkshire. Son loves it and says we must go there again .. then, you probably would have been in a semi-long-haul wetness ..sogginess .. I would cry if it rained so much ..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning everyone. :)
A sunny day is promised.....all quiet and dry.
Salvia Uliginosa in flower now soaring above most everything (y)

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning @Verdun Can't do any gardening,so dicided to vac the house and tomorrow got jam tarts to make. Picked 3 cooking apples from our tree, one fell off, had started to go bad, but cut the bad bits off and cooked it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all
All this Yorkshire talk born and bread there and spent my first 18 years there seemed to be long hot summers than that went on for ever, still go regular as my mam who's 90 in November and brother and one of my sisters still live there , but now give me the north east coast and countryside only the weather lets it down.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
l this Yorkshire talk born and bread there
As were all my children (well adults now :) )
Got some bamboo for the little Bug Hut and some small old branch material to drill...I have burnt some Oak leaves and acorns on each flank...I dunno if I want to paint or stain the thing, an all in one natural stain and varnish may be best I think...see what I have lying around...Muggy old day here spots of rain but heavy air...need a shower to freshen up :)
Hope everyone had a great day

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@BigC it looks great without it, but if you do make sure it's ok for wildlife. I've seen them without. Yes had a good day catching up on the house work;). Tomorrow hubby's got to have a blood test for his cholesterol, he's had one before and it was really good.He can't have anything to eat and he has to have water, until it's done. Poor thing. ;)I'll have his breakfast ready and his grapefruit for when he comes back.

Ask a Question