Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Really like Yorkshire as the landscape is full of rise and fall, unlike the pancake Essex or Norfolk. By the seaside is also nice.

Been cleaning the workshop out. Full of stuff and dust. Got rid of 3 black bags of rubbish and two recycle bags of rubbish this afternoon. Normally, I have one black bag for 2 to 3 weeks and maggots dropping everywhere. Sorry if you're having dinner, LOL! Truth be told. The rubbish bag was always on top of the water butt outside or the rats or squirrels will rip the bag apart.

If the weather is good tomorrow, we will go to Whipsnade Zoo.

An osteospermum double or 3D
SAM_1148.JPG

I am surprised these are flowering now
SAM_1145.JPG

SAM_1146.JPG

Not much going on, but there is a new dahlia and I think it's called art nouveau
SAM_1139.JPG

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Logan Hope you don't have sausages from supermarket X .. This health scare sounds ominous. It is reported that thousands have been infected with HEV..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Woke up early and Good Morning to all... Quiet and warm now.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
From now on, all pork and chicken products go into the microwave for 5 minutes to 10, depending on the size and then roast, fry or whatever...

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Does that make any difference, i thought that it doesn't matter how it's cooked. I cook sausages in frying pan and then freeze them. I cook them again when i take them out. I don't eat them, only hubby. I like to keep processed foods to a minimum, but he doesn't eat a lot.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Sausages are so thick and dense meat, so I prefer to fry them for a long them and now that I have a microwave, I tend to cook them for 5 minutes in there and then fry them again. Like you, don't like processed meat much, but when I get lazy, or when they are reduced, I will have them.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning folks :)
Back from the beach :)
It is very, very warm, sunny and glorious (y). Bit breezy but it will help keep it a little cooler as it is expected to get quite hot:p

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning folks :)
Back from the beach :)
It is very, very warm, sunny and glorious (y). Bit breezy but it will help keep it a little cooler as it is expected to get quite hot:p

Lucky you. Sun has gone awol today!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all, wow your putting me off my favorite Sunday Breakfast, :)
Drat this working week, who invented this caper lol....cant get nothing done always tired when I get home
Weather not looking too good but should pick up I guess...Have a great day folks until this evening...Happy Gardening

Ask a Question