How far apart for cantaloupe?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was gifted 6 cantaloupe plants. I plan to plant them in a garden cloth covered area. How far apart should they be planted.?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm surprised you haven't had an answer yet from more knowledgeable people on this subject, but as you haven't I thought I'd hedge a bet at about 2 - 21/2 ft. They like to climb don't they, and I've seen them hanging up in hammocks :) I don't think they would do very well in our climate though :unsure: Hopefully someone will come along and correct me if I'm wrong.

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
I'm surprised you haven't had an answer yet from more knowledgeable people on this subject,
Well, friend @Tetters , there is a story behind that. ;)

The Op requested that I refrain from posting on the Op's generated threads. Of course, I honor that request...even when I see mistakes being made.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well, friend @Tetters , there is a story behind that. ;)

The Op requested that I refrain from posting on the Op's generated threads. Of course, I honor that request...even when I see mistakes being made.
:geek: Oh, I see, maybe I will receive a similar request then, especially as my knowledge on the subject is so sadly lacking................ :sorry:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wish I could understand why you laugh at my post @Donatello. It seems to me that you have turned your back on the advice you could have had from one of our best veggie growers - frankly, I am puzzled :unsure:

Reaction score
Country
United States
I wish I could understand why you laugh at my post @Donatello. It seems to me that you have turned your back on the advice you could have had from one of our best veggie growers - frankly, I am puzzled :unsure:
She is without a doubt one of the best gardeners I have met on this forum, but in my experience she has been rude and I deserve better than that. She is not the 'Supreme Authority Gardener'. She is just another human , as are you and I. We all deserve more respect.

Quite frankly, I don't need her rude comments. I hope this clarifies any misunderstanding between you and I.

How far apart should I plant the cantaloupe plants?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please bear in mind that I have never ever grown these plants, and that my reply is only a guess. Possibly though the only one you'll get. I doubt HE will want to help you now.
This member you speak so nastily about is not a rude person. I think I might keep out of your way in future as well.
We still haven't forgotten how rude and ignorant you have been in your short time on the forum, and how you also thought it was hilariously funny that @zigs suffered a life threatening disease from rat infestation at a job he had to do.
Maybe you don't really belong on a friendly forum at all.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sorry RUDE is still Rude, even here.

UPDATE: I finally found that Emoji nd I am sorry. I don’t understand why I posted that. I apologize to Zig.

I’m not leaving the forum and I don’t think I should. I will try to be civil.

Last edited:

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
...This member you speak so nastily about is not a rude person. I think I might keep out of your way in future as well.
@Tetters ...A couple of things I found interesting in the above "response"...1) @Donatello continually referred to me as "she". I've been uproariously laughing since I read that. :ROFLMAO:o_O

@Tetters be advised that there is a plague of "wokeism" rampant in this Country now having to do with the use of pronouns and either that was a) wokeism, b) an insult or c) just ignorance which I suspect based on other posts from @Donatello would indicate.

2) At the very bottom of all threads reference to relevant threads is provided and this one is no exception. The fact that one of those threads says "How big/far apart for Cantaloupe/watermelon mounds?" further supports item c above as the correct indicator.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you for your response, Meadowlark. I'm sorry that I assumed your gender wrongly. To me Meadowlark is a feminine name. Now, if your chosen icon had been "Bald Eagle" I probably would have thought you are male. No offense intended.
2) I've read that post and thank you.

Can we please get on with gardening and our lives?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think we all reckon that depends on your future input - Donatello, that sounds female to me. We'll have to see what else you contribute, and whether or not you can actually be civil. Forgive me for having my doubts.

Ask a Question