If This Passes What Are The Farmers Going To Do?

Reaction score
Country
United States
There is a Bill to outlaw Roundup I have a Son with Cancer because of Roundup.

Yes they have Roundup ready crop and use it regular.

We use to cultivate which took time and some loss. Worked for years.

big rockpile

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
One poster on here claims glyphosate is safer than coffee and many other things. Cigarettes, maybe, but sugar and salt?

I don't agree, needless to say.

Glyphosate is faster and safer than cigarettes, coffee, vinegar, sugar or table salt.
Please post a link to this "bill". Is it Federal or local?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I found it again on KY 3 News. It is state and is not expected to pass because it would leave farmers dependent on China.

Dang Cultivate like I use to.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Use polyculture crops not monoculture crops. Already it's being done by lots of big USA farmers.
Look up Dr. James White, Dr. Zach Bush, Dr. Christine Jones and "Regen Ag".

Reaction score
Country
United States
Use polyculture crops not monoculture crops. Already it's being done by lots of big USA farmers.
Look up Dr. James White, Dr. Zach Bush, Dr. Christine Jones and "Regen Ag".
Use to buy from Big Farmers where I was the soil to them was so good and they had been growing this way for years why change.

But also I remember more people raising crops in the Ozarks but I guess it became too hard.

I went through Kentucky couple years ago and it reminded me of the way it use to be in the Ozarks. If there was a cleared spot it was planted in a crop.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Use to buy from Big Farmers where I was the soil to them was so good and they had been growing this way for years why change.

But also I remember more people raising crops in the Ozarks but I guess it became too hard.

I went through Kentucky couple years ago and it reminded me of the way it use to be in the Ozarks. If there was a cleared spot it was planted in a crop.

big rockpile
The soil in so many parts of America use to be good, very good. However, because of our practices the soil degrades every year, which requires more and more inputs, such as round up, but this only degrades the soil further and creates health issues for the environment and people. That's why we need change.

Planting the conventional way only degrades soil, planting regeneratively builds soil.

P.S. I say Regeneratively, not Organically. Organic farming may be better than conventional, but only slightly, it still degrades soil. We must mimic nature, which is what Regenerative farming does. Organic farming mimics conventional farming, without the synthetics (but even then, there are loop holes for the use of synthetics).

Ask a Question