Just Peppers/Farmers Market

Twigs

Nature Hobbyist
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone8
Country
United States
How many acres of peppers and how many types would be best to make a profit at a farmers market?
Your thoughts?...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
My thought is get a grinding mill and import them for profit. I have a friend who bought peppercorn from vietnam. Raw they were called green and roasted were black. Calculate the price per pound of black pepper at the store and you will smile!

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
I was talking about Bell peppers, habanero, ghost, jalapeños, chili’s....
I'm certain I could make a profit on jalapenos, bells, etc. No doubt about it. I get tremendous numbers per plant.

However, finding a market (buyer) for them is another story.

Just "how much profit" is the real kicker when determining how many plants and space is needed. Enough to live off of? Enough to supplement some % of income?

Just picked these from four plants that have produced all summer...and they will be loaded with many more this fall

peppers.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I would imagine the sweeter peppers would sell to kitchens in more volume, but the rare exotic peppers would serve a niche market and be more suitable for a few acres especially if you consider shipping them.

Ask a Question