Some minnibell peppers not looking great

Don1971

Zone 6
Reaction score
Country
United States
Side by side with other minnibell peppers grown from seed inside under the exact same conditions. A few look small and leaves more yellow. Are peppers heavy feeders?
pe2.jpg

Attachments

• pe1.jpg
    pe1.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Side by side with other minnibell peppers grown from seed inside under the exact same conditions. A few look small and leaves more yellow. Are peppers heavy feeders?View attachment 90567
Most of the plants are showing signs of chlorosis and will continue to get worse if you don't feed them. What are you fertilizing with, how much and how often?

Don1971

Zone 6
Reaction score
Country
United States
I fertilized the soil just before winter and again in spring before transplanting. I did give them a little a day ago. It seems odd that some right next to each other are so different. I am not disagreeing just suprised.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I fertilized the soil just before winter and again in spring before transplanting. I did give them a little a day ago. It seems odd that some right next to each other are so different. I am not disagreeing just suprised.
All plants even of the same variety are a little different. And the soil is a little different too in each location. One plant may have received more fertilizer or perhaps the soil was little looser in a location and it leached away. It could be anything but the yellowing is caused by a lack of nitrogen. Peppers are heavy feeders and should be fertilized at minimum once per month. I feed mine a small amount every week. I use a pelleted manure, a liquid or a fish emulsion once per week taking turns with each. Peppers seem to really like a varied diet.

Ask a Question