Please help me save my Thai chili peppers

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Please help me save my Thai chili peppers (I think that's what they are).

Here how the plant looks like:

Keep in mind this is my first attempt at gardening, I only have two plants and I don't know much.

I live in Greece so Mediterranean climate. It's hot, sunny and dry.

The plant is hit by sunlight at the afternoon, around 4:00 to 7:00 pm.

Should I water them daily or leave them be? Is it too late to save it?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
First things first. The red shriveled peppers are ready for harvest. Harvest them. Next, your plant is root bound and when this happens it makes it just about impossible to water the plant sufficiently. Take the plant and the soil out of the container and place it into a large bucket of water. Then, get a container larger than the container the plant was growing in and place enough soil in the bottom so as when you place the plant into the container it will not be buried deeper than it was previously. Then fill up the new container with the plant inside with new soil and water it in with some fertilizer. You should be able to save the plant but you will lose a lot of leaves which the plant will regrow anew. It will take time but the plant should be OK. Next time you plant peppers only put one plant per container. You have two plants, both different varieties. They also need more than 3 hours of direct sunshine. Water thoroughly when soil is dry 2 inches deep.

Last edited:

RiyaSingh

“Kill two birds with one stone.”
Reaction score
Country
India
Thai chili peppers are a hot pepper variety that is easy to grow.
Better to plants in the month of June.

Ask a Question