Blueberry Issues - Any Blueberry farmers out there that can advise me?

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Good afternoon,

I am originally from the UK but now live in Portugal. I have recently taken over management of a bluberry farm here in the Algarve. I am hping to find another blueberry farmer on here that can advise me with some issues I currently have.

We have around 3000 bushes at approx 7 years old, this years yield was fantastic however if you look at the attached photographs around two thirds of the bushes are showing these symptoms.

Can anyone please advise me, many thanks in advance.

1.jpg
2.jpg

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 103
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 85
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I`ve seen blight and it doesn`t look like that. It might seem a fair bit warmer over the ditch in Portugal, but you are still heading into autumn. Your berries will lose their leaves. They are suffering ''autumn'' not blight.
It would be a good idea to have a gander at another blueberry farm and compare notes.

https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?PID=85 Here is a link from the RHS which mentions the acidic requirements (which you obviously have) and the wonderful autumnal colours. Stop worrying !!

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Thanks for your advice, I will carry out a soil test over the next few days. From my research I feel you are right. Thanks again.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
I'm surrounded by blueberry bushes and drove through 30 miles of them over the weekend. Seas of red leafs right now. Except for a few random splashes of yellow.

All 11 of my bushes are red or have dropped the leafs now.

Ask a Question