Farmers market

Reaction score
I don't no - as apart from the fact that we don't have what you would call farmers markets where I live - I have no need to visit one either - as I grow all my own produce - fruit, vegetables, herbs and nuts which give me a year round supply and therefore - never have to resort to buying anything from a store or a market :)

Reaction score
We have a Farmer's Market here in my town. I love to go and when I do I get anything from peaches and different kinds of berries as well as other fruits,, watermelon and cantelope,,,, to vegetables such as tomatoes, bell peppers of different colors, different kinds of squashes, baby potatoes, onions, ect. In the Fall I can also get thick skinned squashes such as butternut and pumpkins.

Reaction score
Yes, we have a farmers market here, there is also a version of it in the place where I might be living. We like to buy cherries.

Reaction score
Cherries do not grow well here in the south, but we have wonderful apples and peaches. We also can get great locally grown blueberries and black berries. I love to make pies with all of these fruits. Strawberries grow well here, too, so I am able to get them. When corn is ready, our Farmers Market has a day when they boil up a bunch and give everyone a free ear of fresh corn. They also do a southern thing here,, when the tomatoes are ripe the have a day where they make free tomato sandwiches. yum.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Whatever fruits and veggies are in season...fresh meat, oysters, sea food. Great place to get a meal. Often have breakfast. There are many food vendors too. Our Farmers Market is close to the Sound and boardwalk so it always makes for a great outing downtown and time to walk around by the water.

Reaction score
I'm a single mom on a budget, so when I go to my local farmer's market, I check their scratch and dent section where they have spotty bananas 10 for $1 that I can use for cooking, or other fruit by the bag that is marked down for having small flaws but it still usable.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I love the farmers market and we have one in my town! I like to buy my veggies there because they are fresh and cheap. There is even a fire baked pizza place there and so we have lunch when we go.

Reaction score
I don't go to the farmers market where I am but it would be nice to visit one just to look and then maybe buy. If I did go to a farmers market I would get lots of fruits and vegetables. Right now I shop at the grocery store for all my food.

Reaction score
We have a small one in our town, but I usually go the the nearest city where they have several a week. The university there has a great farmers market all summer every week, live music and everything. My favorite thing to buy there, of all things, is sweet potato pie. Since I grow a lot of my own summer vegetables I don't need to buy much but it's always fun going. I wish I could make my sweet potato pie taste like theirs.

Reaction score
Since I only grow vegetables and no fruits, I stock up on fruits. I also love other goods that are sold there, like homemade flavored breads and ethnic food. Ours has a stand with egg rolls and tamales.. made by small Asian women. I don't know how they go so well together, but they do, and I always eat a lot of them!

Reaction score
I can't imagine my life without going to the farmers market since i get most of my fresh fruits and vegetables there...and i save a few dollars as produces are cheaper at the farmers market than the supermarts...there is also a greater variety to choose from. I try to visit the farmers market every saturdays to get my cabbage,callaloo,yellow yam, sweet potatoes,corn...and it's a must i have to purchase oranges,pineapple and melon for my kids as it's their favorite.

Reaction score
Does anyone still go to the farmer market? and If so what do you like to get when you go?
We have an amazing farmers market here in Lakeland, Florida. It was closed a few weeks but now is back in full swing. It's located right downtown which is beautiful to begin with and totally has the farmers market feel. :)

They have such a wide variety of things from homemade soaps to breads and pastries to produce and fruit! Our farmers market even has entertainment. They always have a local band playing which makes it really nice. We try to go every other week and really enjoy it. :)

Reaction score
I attend mine. I always like discovering new foods. They usually have better prices than my grocery store too. I always buy whatever is in seasoning and things like salsa and honey.

Ask a Question