My new hobby tropical fish :)

Gail_68

Beauty blooms in the garden as well as the heart.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
those split tails are beautiful little fish.
Morning Johnny, when I saw them they looked beautiful but before I brought them I did ask the chap first if they would fight with my others and he said they shouldn't and everything as been fine...since the Endlerguppies have been removed life for my other fish as been pieceful...they was driving them mad.:)
The split fan tail guppies look really nice, I've been wanting some blue fish and guppies might fit the bill , surprised I didn't think of guppies earlier .
I'd get some Perki they're lovely and the Hollybush had quite a few guppies in quarantine besides...i'm going to take another video today as my tablet does show the colours never thought of that not using it much.
I love the colours, the arangement of the "furniture" shows a lot of artistry.
Thanks Sean but with the glass being magnified you think it's in the right place when putting them in and when you stand back they're not :rolleyes:

the plants look great with the furniture
Morning Logan, yes I have to agree but with these having roots last longer and the Albino suckers love them and the chap said when they start going brown just fetch them out and replace them, they did have some lovely ones with a shade of dark pink and he said because there's no shoots within a week they fall apart in your water :nailbiting: so no way was I having those :D

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning Johnny, when I saw them they looked beautiful but before I brought them I did ask the chap first if they would fight with my others and he said they shouldn't and everything as been fine...since the Endlerguppies have been removed life for my other fish as been pieceful...they was driving them mad.:)

I'd get some Perki they're lovely and the Hollybush had quite a few guppies in quarantine besides...i'm going to take another video today as my tablet does show the colours never thought of that not using it much.

Thanks Sean but with the glass being magnified you think it's in the right place when putting them in and when you stand back they're not :rolleyes:

Morning Logan, yes I have to agree but with these having roots last longer and the Albino suckers love them and the chap said when they start going brown just fetch them out and replace them, they did have some lovely ones with a shade of dark pink and he said because there's no shoots within a week they fall apart in your water :nailbiting: so no way was I having those :D
Well you don't want them to fall apart in the water, that would be a lot of trouble cleaning it up. :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a picture , not the best the fish are a bit blurry and the shrimp were hiding . The piece of wood at the top I am trying to sink, I have some large Cryptcoryne at the back which I planted recently but they gone in to Cryptcoryne melt , they lose all their leaves because they need to adjust to different growing conditions ( lots of aquatic plants are grown emerged just above water level more access to light / CO2 ) it maybe 6months until it starts growing properly again , nearly all plants planted in the sand are cryptcoryne but for one.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks :) the 9 rummy nose are probably my favourite I've had them for about 4-5years now. The other large fish is a siamese algae eater and the other residents are 4 Amano shrimp and 10 rasboras, can't forget the dam snails :banghead:

Gail_68

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Perki sorry i'm late replying mate I do apologise :(
Lovely tank mate and such a clear shot...smashing healthy fish plus carry a nice weight (y) but some guppies like you mentioned would look nice in there I could just imagine them :)

Well never again will I have live plants Perki, no offence to yours but omg the mess they made before dying off...so this week hubby vaccumed tank out besides having to net it to remove the leaf mess. They've been replaced by two more artificial plants and I've brought another filter pump which sucks onto the side of the tank and besides altered my filtering system at the top it now contains bio balls and 8 Evolution Aqua Pure Aquarium.

I think my cycle is ending Perki because ammonia keeps coming up 0 but the nitrite is high at 2.0ppm and nitrate 20.00ppm and it's not altering even when water is removed and i'm only doing 2 water changes weekly advised by @kazzawazza as she knows her fish mate plus fish are being fed every 2 days days but they're healthy and very active.

Gail_68

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi @Joolz I think I've solved your problem mate for a filter...as I've seen one of these working and they're powerful and just suck to the inside of your tank and I also checked on Amazon they're good and 1, 227 people have brought them.

Interpet Internal Aquarium Power Filter PF Mini for Fish Tanks, Black/Blue

They come in PF mini £12-60, PF1 £14-95, PF2 £20-95, PF3 £27-49 and PF4 £27-46...the larger size I saw and the replacement foam for the filter is Carbon foam and plain foams :)

Ask a Question