My new hobby tropical fish :)

Gail_68

Beauty blooms in the garden as well as the heart.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Gail_68 I'm know expert on fish Unless they come with Chips that is But they do look lovely. If a little Chines, going by the houses they have built.........Nice(y)
Hi Daren..cheers mate (y)...I never new anything about them myself unless served on the plate or chippy :ROFLMAO: but when I've seen other peoples in the past besides going to certain garden centres for aquatic's to get my locusts when I had my lizard they always caught my eye.

I did have Endlerguppies and they made my normal guppies lives hell, so I removed them and took them to the shop and everything is running smooth again.

@kazzawazza as been a massive help to me learning how to treat them besides reading up besides.

Gail_68

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
When you get tired of them do not set them free in your local waterway.

Hi La Garden...there's no need where my fish are concerned mate..they would drop dead in that water :ROFLMAO: to cold.

I've not been fishing in ages...as I love carp fishing (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
No idea,depends on the weather
Country
United Kingdom
Hi @Joolz I think I've solved your problem mate for a filter...as I've seen one of these working and they're powerful and just suck to the inside of your tank and I also checked on Amazon they're good and 1, 227 people have brought them.

Interpet Internal Aquarium Power Filter PF Mini for Fish Tanks, Black/Blue

They come in PF mini £12-60, PF1 £14-95, PF2 £20-95, PF3 £27-49 and PF4 £27-46...the larger size I saw and the replacement foam for the filter is Carbon foam and plain foams :)

Thank you xx I think i may need something more powerful than that,his poops are huge! :) xx or i need to make a ramp for him to climb and bathe on,the rock i have i think hinders the flow of water to filtration pipe cos its so wide x

Gail_68

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you xx I think i may need something more powerful than that,his poops are huge! :) xx or i need to make a ramp for him to climb and bathe on,the rock i have i think hinders the flow of water to filtration pipe cos its so wide x
Hi Joolz, i'll take a further look for you mate and when you have large mess like you've mentioned it sounds like something you need to be on top of it 24/7 ;)...if it's stopping proper flow to the filtration unit them you won't get the proper filtration going through to help shift it out...you take care and i'll get back to you :) x

Gail_68

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
@Joolz it's just come to me I gave you the link for big filtering systems like I have but they're expensive...why not buy two and fit one either side and get them in the large size...I've just brought this one as an extra for oxygen and more filtration and it only needs cartridges placing in but you can buy it in a large size...the one above jets into the water and the one I've brought goes across the water, so then you've got filtration running in both directions and they work out cheaper to buy and cheaper to run.

Gail_68

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
More pic's of my tank since new false plants have gone in besides the extra filtering system above and I captured pic's of my shrimps :D

Attachments

• Shrimp 1.jpg
    Shrimp 1.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 153
  • shrimp 2.jpg
    shrimp 2.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_20190208_141712_1.jpg
    IMG_20190208_141712_1.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 128
  • side view with filters.jpg
    side view with filters.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 139
  • full view of tank finished.jpg
    full view of tank finished.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 172
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is that a Amano shrimp Gail ?

My lights failed this evening :( I've had the tank for a good 9-10years so not done to bad, an unexpected cost though. Its going to cost £260-270 (n):cry: bit different these lights to the last ones, these are LED lights but they require a controller ( at a cost ) to turn the light intensity up / down , also has sunset / dawn / night setting. I did want to buy a better camera but not might have to go on the backburner now.

Gail_68

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Is that a Amano shrimp Gail ?

My lights failed this evening :( I've had the tank for a good 9-10years so not done to bad, an unexpected cost though. Its going to cost £260-270 (n):cry: bit different these lights to the last ones, these are LED lights but they require a controller ( at a cost ) to turn the light intensity up / down , also has sunset / dawn / night setting. I did want to buy a better camera but not might have to go on the backburner now.
Hi Perki,
The shrimp on it's own is a Ghost shrimp but the other 2 I haven't a clue mate they lie on their backs under the pump and collect any filfth that comes through the filter and their feet span in a duck shape :unsure:

Perki those lights have done well for nearly 10yrs mine have LED but with just a switch on and off button but I still have plastic blue dimmers on them and no wonder yours is more expensive it's the control button besides...check the fuse and button first before purchasing mate plus isn't there another rig up of lights cheaper so you can still purchase a camera...what a shame :(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having a dilemma with myself, I've found some original light units for £100 same light unit what gone. Or I can get the brand new light set up with all the bells and whistle for £287 from Germany :unsure:, one of the problems with a new light set up getting the light right to much light either way I may come into problems , not a problem with old setup. But I do like the idea of the lights coming on / off gradually it would be more visually pleasing, and the fish get frighted at night when the light suddenly go off the SAE tends to jump out of the water sometimes. Is it really worth a extra £187 for dim able lights

Gail_68

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
@Perki i have to agree with @kazzawazza on this the cheaper one and if it's identical to your first then you can't go wrong if they go another 10yrs...you could purchase them from Germany for the amount you've stated and through transit alone people have stated how things just get thrown about and for that amount of money ...no way would I be purchasing those, it would be different if they was in the UK where you can pick them up....it's your choice but look at the outer aspects mate. :)

Ask a Question