My new hobby tropical fish :)

Gail_68

Beauty blooms in the garden as well as the heart.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Well as some members know I lost my staffy 2yrs back and my leopard gecko last September :(....so just before Christmas I brought me a 20 litre tank for Tropical fish as I've always loved them.

My first tank 20 litre

My 2nd 100 litre tank

Gail_68

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Cor :)

We got a pond full of Glodfish outside :)
Well at the fish farm so far :ROFLMAO: I've got 6 Guppies, 4 Endler guppies (Japan blue), 2 Gourami, 2 Red tip rasbora, 3 Albino gold suckers, 2 ghost shrimps and 2 other forms of shrimps but forgot to ask the name :unsure:...useless zigs and I forgot to mention we clocked 2 baby gourami's tonight...i'm supposed to have all male.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
@Gail_68 The only ones of your fish I know are the guppies, and I only learned about them when one of my friends was in a panic, she said one of her guppies had babies, gave me a tea strainer and instructed me to catch as many babies as I could and put them in a little tank before the other fish ate them :rolleyes:
Best behaviour please at all times :ROFLMAO: we're only discussing fishies :p
Oh I can assure you, I am on my very best behaviour ;)

Gail_68

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
@Gail_68 The only ones of your fish I know are the guppies, and I only learned about them when one of my friends was in a panic, she said one of her guppies had babies, gave me a tea strainer and instructed me to catch as many babies as I could and put them in a little tank before the other fish ate them :rolleyes:

Oh I can assure you, I am on my very best behaviour ;)
:ROFLMAO:

Gail_68

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
What are you going to do with the small tank?

Also, what’s na na Gail going to do with the baby gouramis?
Well what do you think...other half wants it
but what about how much it's cost me

Well if the Guppy tomorrow is ok to go in the other tank i'll shift it but the gourami babes are hiding by the pump motor :unsure:

Last edited:

Gail_68

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
The only ones of your fish I know are the guppies, and I only learned about them when one of my friends was in a panic, she said one of her guppies had babies, gave me a tea strainer and instructed me to catch as many babies as I could and put them in a little tank before the other fish ate them
Tetters I've made sure all my guppies are male because the males fight more when there's females but that's usually the way in life :p

Gail_68

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Oh dear another dead guppy...just found the one I separated dead as a door mat :jawdrop: ...over night will tell if the others are ok I moved

Gail_68

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
@zigs it's not like they're expensive and the life span is only 2-3yrs and at one shop if you buy 4 you get one free which isn't bad...these two that have dropped dead came from the holly bush cannock and the chap told me and hubby they're shipped from abroad in crats and they have to move quick to get them established.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I know, but it mattered to that fish :(

I spent an hour throwing fish back into the sea after a storm washed them up, someone said "What good will that do, there are so many fish?"

I said "it matters to these fish..."

Gail_68

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
I know, but it mattered to that fish
I know that zigs but to me it seems like their fish are going through a lot of transportation then they're being sold and all that get to much for them, your true it is a shame, that's why I moved it from the others to stop it coming a target and it picked up and now this.

I've got all API stuff stress coat / zyme I add to help them...my new cupboard is full with stuff.

Ask a Question