Tropical storm wetness and 80f + heat fungal issues

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Fungus has naturally started in the yard due to the insane humidity and normal higher temps in our zone 8a area. I have noted that as the fungus or other issues impact the lawn so too then the other plants and garden are effected even as walking through the grass becomes an excercise in spreading spores by the very act of walking.

All this without storms. And now we are faced with a tropical storm. What anti fungal efforts would any of you suggest give the volumes of water about to arrive on the wings of the incoming storm?

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Fungal growth is never a problem in my part of the world. Insane humidity - oh, yes! Yesterday and today we are going to be in sauna. Talking about that, I'd better plant more bamboos outside so that the impending rain will give them a good send off. Have you got pics to show, DM?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
IMG_20180527_064450.jpg
IMG_20180527_064458.jpg

A bit hard to see. I had not cut in a week due to rain and now a lot more is coming.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, I can see very well! That's why I say - gardening is a convergence of a lot of factors.. @Silentrunning is sooooo lucky to have a stream - ideal moist and coolling factor for acer .. Today, it has been open sauna .. :cry::cry:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Oh, I can see very well! That's why I say - gardening is a convergence of a lot of factors.. @Silentrunning is sooooo lucky to have a stream - ideal moist and coolling factor for acer .. Today, it has been open sauna .. :cry::cry:
It cannot be as humid as here. water is running off the - well every surface and its not raining!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
It cannot be as humid as here. water is running off the - well every surface and its not raining!

Don't want to the winner in humidity. Today is another scorcher - 27c! Has the storm come and passed, DM?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
How will the fungal growths affect your grass or land please? What is the expected miles ./ per hour for this storm please?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Actually its about the garden and the efforts I have made this year to sterilize or inhibit pathogens of all types. This is an effort that has all the appearances of working well to date, but the unrelenting wetness combined with 80 and 90 degree weather sets up a spread of pathogens from all around the garden which works its way into the garden via wind, runoff, walking through infected grass etc. I was not amused to learn how trees are commonly infected with the same pathogens as are fought against in our garden. I began to activitely search out similarity in disease appearances on ornamental plants when my efforts to contain the attack on tomatoes and squash lacked domination. I have learned about silicone as a defensive nutrient and thyme oil and stryptomycelia as an actual curative help. The whole storm mess has been about fungus and virus and bacteria control for me as June is the high point for desease in the yard. Wet conditions begin to wane here as we cross July and get into August. But as the moisture leaves, 125f temps can be seen in our yard and we then have different issues to work against.

This storm is not so much a powerful wind-worry as it is a flooding or over-watering problem with 4-8 inches forecast. @David from Dothan has a forecast for heavier rain than we are supposed experience.

Last edited:

Ask a Question