My new hobby tropical fish :)

Gail_68

Beauty blooms in the garden as well as the heart.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
That's a good video, I haven't been able to get the hang of taking fish tank videos, I can never get the light right for it.
I totally agree with you on that one...as it didn't show the colours to well so i'll try my other phone :whistle: as i'm useless with camera's....shame you can't take on to see your fish moving :)

Gail_68

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi @johnny canoe can you help this member out being as you have live plants in your aquarium...I've added some info I've found but if you have the plant already you may be able to help better :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Hello Gail,
I did try a couple videos of my tanks yesterday, will try again today with the lights on in the room.lol

I did see that thread about the lizard plant. I have never come across that one being sold as an aquarium plant here in Calgary. But I'll just offer my opinion on a bog plant in an aquarium.

Gail_68

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Gail,
I did try a couple videos of my tanks yesterday, will try again today with the lights on in the room.lol

I did see that thread about the lizard plant. I have never come across that one being sold as an aquarium plant here in Calgary. But I'll just offer my opinion on a bog plant in an aquarium.
Hi Johnny, I just found a few more links for the member but not having live plants myself couldn't really help much in that direction.

You'll laugh but I woke this morning and my fish was showing their colours better in the dark :D so I did a 4min video of them, sorry i'm reflecting in the background plus I have my lights on till 10am till 6pm and got them rigged up like this so they're not exposed to, to much light which helps algae grow and after I fed them this morning...two buckets of water came out and two put back with API zyme added.

Early morning video in the dark...blow the video up large to see better with the square on the right bottom and click it to come back to normal.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Good morning, well here it's 7:30am. I'm sure you video is great but I can't see it, it says it's unavailable. I'm getting ready to try taking another video here. lol

It is rewarding to have your fish colour up after a spell in their new forever home. They can be such pale things at first but when they colour up you know they are happy and well.

Gail_68

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning, well here it's 7:30am. I'm sure you video is great but I can't see it, it says it's unavailable. I'm getting ready to try taking another video here. lol

It is rewarding to have your fish colour up after a spell in their new forever home. They can be such pale things at first but when they colour up you know they are happy and well.
Johnny that's weird it's on public mate...yes they've gone fatter and the colours are nice but i'm not sure if that yellow tail guppy is a female and one or two keep following it:unsure:

Gail_68

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Your yellow tail guppy might be a female, it appears to have the bigger body, the colourful tail might be what's confusing us.
It's funny you saying that because that guppies life as been nothing but a nightmare since it's been in with one or two following it.

Last edited:

Ask a Question