How old were you when you started gardening?

Reaction score
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Soooooooooooooooooooooooo beautiful!!!!!!!!!!! So far I've only seen the green ones, I thought those were pretty, ubt this ones are just amazing! I love purple can you tell? lol. Truly amazing... would love to have a field full of that ones! Those white flowers go so well with the purple of the clover :love: I don't think you can find this in a nursery... never seen them!

Reaction score
Well, that's one of the less common varieties. The "weed" ones just have regular green leaves. I gotta post a pic of one with the purple leaves. You will really love that one.

The green one is also very beautiful in my opinion, it's such a bright green! A really beautiful shade of green, in my opinion it looks way better than that silly grass, but oh well... some people like grass even more, even tho it seems to grow wild everywhere :p

Reaction score
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Soooooooooooooooooooooooo beautiful!!!!!!!!!!! So far I've only seen the green ones, I thought those were pretty, ubt this ones are just amazing! I love purple can you tell? lol. Truly amazing... would love to have a field full of that ones! Those white flowers go so well with the purple of the clover :love: I don't think you can find this in a nursery... never seen them!

There are a few different ones that are purple and I know my small local nursery has at least one. I've been so busy getting my vegetables plants, now that most of those are all in, I'm focusing on flowers and other plants now. Rain seems to be letting up now so I'll be making a trip there this week. My list of what I want to get is pretty long haha.
Where do you live T? I'm in a small city just outside of New Orleans.

Reaction score
Sup Tommy! I live in el paso, TX. I might not be staying here for very long tho, might be moving to the Netherlands... maybe next year. I heard they have a lot nice plants over there, I went to one of those home stores some months ago and wow! I had never seen so many flowers in one place! It's amazing! I might get a job in one of those places. We have fine nurseries and home & garden decor places over here as well, but woah... dutch people must really like gardening and decor :O

Reaction score
Sup Tommy! I live in el paso, TX. I might not be staying here for very long tho, might be moving to the Netherlands... maybe next year. I heard they have a lot nice plants over there, I went to one of those home stores some months ago and wow! I had never seen so many flowers in one place! It's amazing! I might get a job in one of those places. We have fine nurseries and home & garden decor places over here as well, but woah... dutch people must really like gardening and decor :O

A high school friend of mine was Dutch/Indonesian descent. He was born here but visited the Netherlands a couple times. He loved it there but loved New Orleans more haha. They have the best dike/levee system in the world so don't be too worried about that. Not sure about their weather otherwise but I've only heard good things about Amsterdam. Never been to El Passo (west Texas huh?) But hot and dry comes to mind haha. If it's hot/warm there most of the year, don't think I'd leave for any northern climates though haha. Don't like winter at all.

Reaction score
That place is too dark windy, not sure what's worse... if the extreme heat here all year long or how windy it is over there daily! :LOL: The netherlands is nice, but isn't something you can easily used to, the language is a nightmare to be honest. :D:eek: I mean all well, it's a cool place to visit, but not sure about living! The health insurance over there is so expensive. Not sure yet if I'll end up moving there, not but sure, but the adjustment would surely be hard :cautious:

Reaction score
That place is too dark windy, not sure what's worse... if the extreme heat here all year long or how windy it is over there daily! :LOL: The netherlands is nice, but isn't something you can easily used to, the language is a nightmare to be honest. :D:eek: I mean all well, it's a cool place to visit, but not sure about living! The health insurance over there is so expensive. Not sure yet if I'll end up moving there, not but sure, but the adjustment would surely be hard :cautious:

Why the Netherlands, May I ask?

Reaction score
Oh quite simple really :LOL: I've family over there, and it would be a nice change. Yeah, sounds crazy, but I really think it's not such a bad idea, easier to get a job over there! The insurance is a freaking nightmare over there, I'm not sure they will fully cover any MRI I might need in the future! Plus other things. Btw, I stil think Norway is colder than NL :eek:

Reaction score
Oh quite simple really :LOL: I've family over there, and it would be a nice change. Yeah, sounds crazy, but I really think it's not such a bad idea, easier to get a job over there! The insurance is a freaking nightmare over there, I'm not sure they will fully cover any MRI I might need in the future! Plus other things. Btw, I stil think Norway is colder than NL :eek:

Oh family is nice. And you'd be in Europe and be right there to travel and see all the sights. I'd love to see the canals of Venice (smelly and rats too whatever) haha

Reaction score
LOL, is it really smelly? Never been there, but some zones must get a bit smelly... people throwing things and water that has been stuck in a corner for a while, hehehe. I've always wondered how people can adjust to living in a place with so much water? I'd not like it! I felt a bit weird in the Netherlands because of all those canals! If you are driving a bit tipsy then you can end up stuck in one of those canals. Not cool!

Reaction score
LOL, is it really smelly? Never been there, but some zones must get a bit smelly... people throwing things and water that has been stuck in a corner for a while, hehehe. I've always wondered how people can adjust to living in a place with so much water? I'd not like it! I felt a bit weird in the Netherlands because of all those canals! If you are driving a bit tipsy then you can end up stuck in one of those canals. Not cool!

Haha yea one of my online friends has been to Venice and he says it is pretty smelly and big rats swim in the canals haha. Wouldn't bother me at all. I love the water... being around it, on a boat, fishing, everything. I wouldn't be swimming with all those rats though.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I started with a garden as a elementary school project and I have been gardening ever since. I have indoor plants and outdoor plants. The wondering jew is one of my favorites also.
100_8983_2-tradescantia-zebrina.jpg

Reaction score
I started with a garden as a elementary school project and I have been gardening ever since. I have indoor plants and outdoor plants. The wondering jew is one of my favorites also.
100_8983_2-tradescantia-zebrina.jpg

I do a lot better with outdoor plants. I can manage a couple of house plants on the back porch haha.

Ask a Question