Seedling death by two year old

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I was so excited to have a papaya seed sprouting for me! I LOVE fresh papaya! And only one was sprouting. I was giving them a little real sunshine and turn around to find my two year old has moved the see tray and was trying to "help" the seedlings. Papaya sprout is nowhere to be found now:(. Good bless her for wanting to help, but oh... Frustration!

Ah well, off to buy store bought fruit.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Why not let your two year old sow the seeds and write down No Direct sunlight until baby green says hello!?

Heartbreaking! But with a bit of moisture and heat, the new seeds will sprout in no time! Bless your two-year-old - future is bright for her - so proactive!:LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It wasn't the sunlight that did it in. She pulled it out! I think she saw me pulling some weeds and thought that was what she was supposed to do.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
It wasn't the sunlight that did it in. She pulled it out! I think she saw me pulling some weeds and thought that was what she was supposed to do.

Please ship her this way! I could do with an extra pair of hand and I will be a good mentor!:LOL:;)

Ask a Question