Heathy to dead Grapes in 2-weeks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Life is too short to by grape vines just so a bug can infect and kill it. I'm thinkin blackberries instead...
Isn't your soil the same as around Austin? Alkaline? If so it will be difficult to maintain blackberry plants as they much prefer acidic soils. But with effort it can be done

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
Womack nursery in De Leon TX has nine grape varieties for texas. They have the very best too, if you can still get one this late in the year. They are always sold out because the have the best stock in the state. Give them a look or a call.254-893-6497

That's good to know about Womack. Thanks. I picked up a couple of Victoria Reds last May thinking they wold never make it that late...but they not only made it but are flourishing. It will be interesting to compare them this year to my muscadines which already have grape bunches and RazzMataz which are looking like over hyped/over priced product.

Ask a Question