Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Taken a few years, but i've finally killed the last mrs Zigs curry plant
DSCI0001 (5).JPG

Mind you, it would have died the first year she got it if I hadn't have looked after it

Turns out it drowned. Thought it was odd as I always watered it at the same time as watering Boris the Olive tree, and he's fine.

Roots had completely blocked the drainage holes

DSCI0001 (7).JPG

Put plenty of crocks in this time

DSCI0003 (2).JPG

And potted up my new Tree Mallow :)

Grew this from seed I collected last year

DSCI0004 (1).JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@zigs yep that tree is dead alright, but look at the lovely planter you have to grow something else in. It doesn't sound like the last Mrs. Zigs was too keen on gardening. Now i am going to look up what is a mallow tree. It looks like it is going to be a giant geranium:) What are you going to name it?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Oh, it's a biennial or perennial, very pretty and 3m tall. Do you know if you are growing a biennial or perennial? or do you have to wait and see if it drops dead after 2 years? Better get a few cuttings ready just in case.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Yes, Eric would be the mallow, and Boris is the olive tree, not sure who Jim is though, could be the curry but i don't think so
idon'tknow.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@MaryMary i wrote the above post earlier this evening and see i never posted it. Well of course Jim would be Captain James (familiarly Jim) Kirk.:LOL: You are a wealth of information MM. I do know who put the tribbles in the quadratriticaliac though:rolleyes:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I do know who put the tribbles in the quadratriticaliac though:rolleyes:

It was me being naughty :D

Think it's perenial, bush I got the seeds off has been there for years :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
It was me being naughty :D
Yes you are naughty, but look how much i learned from it and got to see a video to boot:). Naughty seemed to be in the air yesterday. On the what's looking good thread, I was naughty too (but not as naughty as i was tempted to be). Arrogance and ostentation don't sit well with me and sometimes i keep my mouth shut and sometimes i don't and all responses don't have to be humorous. When people laugh at things that are not humorous, it becomes grotesque. Like a member laughing at you being homeless...mindlessly skipping down the path of trying to make every thing funny. It gives me the shivers. On the naughty scale yesterday, i think i beat you out on naughty:D

Very cool about your mallow being perennial. It is off to a healthy start and Eric is going to be beautiful.:love:

Ask a Question