Heathy to dead Grapes in 2-weeks

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
... I am glad to have read this thread and learn about razzmatazz and see the other setups. I will add a pic of our 4 vines when the light comes up.

That RazzMataz is pricey...they are sure proud of it and prohibit taking cuttings, LOL, as if they are going out to inspect, LOL.

I'll say this, it is the only grape I've found that produces right after first growth and continues to produce...every four to six inches of growth has a bunch of grapes...amazing to me. I'm thinking about thinning some out to help the plant this summer but it seems to not be slowed by the presence of grapes.

razzmatazz 2019.JPG

DM check out the Victoria Red...it has a great pedigree for growing in conditions very similar to yours. I transplanted two in May and figured at best one would survive but thus far they both are very healthy. The press on it is terrific!

victoria red.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
The muscadine are horizontal at the back of the garden. They get a lingering afternoon sun, but I need to move them out since that tree got bigger on the other side of the fenceline.
IMG_20190610_115159.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
That RazzMataz is pricey...they are sure proud of it and prohibit taking cuttings, LOL, as if they are going out to inspect, LOL.

I'll say this, it is the only grape I've found that produces right after first growth and continues to produce...every four to six inches of growth has a bunch of grapes...amazing to me. I'm thinking about thinning some out to help the plant this summer but it seems to not be slowed by the presence of grapes.

View attachment 54888

DM check out the Victoria Red...it has a great pedigree for growing in conditions very similar to yours. I transplanted two in May and figured at best one would survive but thus far they both are very healthy. The press on it is terrific!

View attachment 54890

I wish mine looked like yours!

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
... They get a lingering afternoon sun, but I need to move them out since that tree got bigger on the other side of the fenceline...

DM,

One thing I've learned with the muscadine is they require full sun in order to produce grapes...they will survive and even grow with partial sun but to produce grapes requires full sun all day every day.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Well I may have underestimated - more like 10-AM on. Nevertheless, if the work opportunity in Arizona comes through, they will be someone else's problem. ;)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Womack Nursery’s have the best grapes starts in TX. The only problem is they run out of stock every year at this time because their grapes are in big demand. They have the BEST!!!! Give them a call and order one of their 9 different varieties for next year. 254-893-6497

Reaction score
Country
United States
Womack nursery in De Leon TX has nine grape varieties for texas. They have the very best too, if you can still get one this late in the year. They are always sold out because the have the best stock in the state. Give them a look or a call.254-893-6497

Ask a Question