Hanging basket garden

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I read your posts and even though I understand it might be annoying to have such wild visitors in your gardens, I still think it must be interesting. In my garden I have only cats (my dog hates them:p ). Good thing is they don't steal anything but they're also very boring:p

ChanellG, this basket is so cute, thank you!:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
You're welcome, Claudine. Be glad the cats are boring; things could be a lot worse -- they could be using your garden as a litter box! That has happened to me before and it is not pleasant!

Reaction score
They have never bothered the ones that I grow in my garden beds. But who knows maybe they will like whatever I have growing on the arbor.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
You're welcome, Claudine. Be glad the cats are boring; things could be a lot worse -- they could be using your garden as a litter box! That has happened to me before and it is not pleasant!
This sounds awful:( I hope they stopped doing it?
Cats wouldn't dare to do this in my garden, I have a cute Yorkshire Terrier who probably dreams about becoming a cat killer:p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Yes, thankfully! The problem was that someone started feeding a stray and before long there were over 13 cats hanging around! That person is longer around and the cat population has dwindled, but not long ago I used to find kittens napping in my flower pots.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Kittens in flower pots? It's adorable:D . My friend once gave some food to a female cat who visited her garden...in a few months she had three little kittens and four more the next year...now my friend doesn't have any flowers, just little kittens who destroy flowers for fun:eek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I love to have a hanging garden. I was watching some video today and thinking I really need one. I am waiting for my fixtures to arrive and in spring I will have my own little hanging baskets.
I love hanging gardens too. I once grew an ivy in a hanging flowerpot, it looked very pretty and it was quite big. Hanging flowerpots are great idea when you don't have enough space for new plants on your windowsill:p
Ladies, look what I just found in Grow Food Not Lawns' Facebook photo album:

734205_451943628194588_487923950_n.jpg

You could scour the thrift shops and find old teapots and convert them!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love these teapots!!!:D It looks lovely, it has this wonderful vintage touch which I really adore and it's such an unique decoration. It's beautiful, I feel very inspired right now...must look for teapots!:D

Reaction score
If you can ever get a hanging spider plant to really start growing, find a good place for it, they can be absolutely gorgeous. I have one at home (not the image below) that's barely hanging on, I can't seem to find a spot that it likes. In late spring I'm going to put it back outside, it does pretty well in partial sun.

34652ml_20.jpeg

Reaction score
I love to have a hanging garden. I was watching some video today and thinking I really need one. I am waiting for my fixtures to arrive and in spring I will have my own little hanging baskets.
HangingBasket1_1000.jpg

Maddie, this is a GORGEOUS hanging basket, the image jumps right out at you as soon as you open the page.. Makes me look forward to the spring/summer months .. Where I live, it would be too cold to have the plant outside this time of the year.. that's why I need that green house ..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I love these teapots!!!:D It looks lovely, it has this wonderful vintage touch which I really adore and it's such an unique decoration. It's beautiful, I feel very inspired right now...must look for teapots!:D

Claudine, as soon as I saw them I knew you would like them!

If you can ever get a hanging spider plant to really start growing, find a good place for it, they can be absolutely gorgeous. I have one at home (not the image below) that's barely hanging on, I can't seem to find a spot that it likes. In late spring I'm going to put it back outside, it does pretty well in partial sun.

I was just thinking about spider plants! I haven't had one in ages and I can't even remember what happened to my last one. I think I must have given it to someone to take care of when I was moving or something because they are so easy to grow, I can't imagine having had any trouble with it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland

34652ml_20.jpeg

Wow, this spider plant is enormous! And there are so many of them. It looks like a private jungle, I would love to have something like this in my room...but my room is probably too small:p . I tried to grow spider plants but I couldn't find a spot they like either:(

Reaction score
I have never thought of having a spider plant as a hanging plant. I will have a hanging basket with a spider plant growing from it as soon as I get a hook fixed... Or maybe I can have it hanging from the trellis on my balcony... I need to check this out. Thanks for the suggestion.

Ask a Question