Hanging basket flowers

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Need a good recommendation for a hanging basket in shade. I'd like some color. It's probably more than 50% shade, but not deep shade, if that makes sense.

Maybe Lenten Rose, Virginia bluebells or some hellebore? Will those fill out a basket well, or do they need space. I want it full. Using a 12 inch basket. Hardy would be good to, they tend to be forgotten on the water from time to time

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
I suggest the Begonia Santa Cruz. It tolerates sun and shade, blooms all season, looks great in baskets or containers. Here's mine in mid summer.

P1030447.JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I think we call it Amber glow or something here. I had red, orange and white last year and they were so pretty. HAD!:cry::cry::cry:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Thanks, the impatiens are a little leggy and are hiding the polkadot plants a little more than I imagined. Although you would think it would have been obvious since I bought them at the same place and same time. Oh well.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I plant this every year. does awesome. ( see picture) Virginia blue bell? in a hanging basket? nope, can't see it. they would not like transplanting. and they only are in spring. I have some begonias in baskets, and some trailing petunias.
MailBox.jpg

Ask a Question