Picture of mine today

Begonia "Million Kisses Devotion"

all i want for chritmas 2015 003.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is beautiful! I bought two hanging baskets of gerber daisy and petunia for my mom and hang them right outside her back door. She loves them, but I didn't take any pictures of them hanging. These photos were when I first bought them.
IMG_1491.JPG IMG_1492.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Very pretty!
I only have one and it's pretty sad right now. Petunias that got battered by a storm and hail on Friday. Not worth taking a photo of. :p

Reaction score
Oh my gosh! Planet Max!! Your hanging baskets are just gorgeous!! I've always liked hanging baskets, but I didn't have many of them, let alone this beautiful. I need to get mine back when I go back to the Netherlands (home sweet home, lol). I'll definitely hang some, thanks for the inspiration! I think nothing adds a pop of color to the front of a house like hanging basket full of beautiful blooms do.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
thank you , but imagine what you could grow in Australia .
Hanging baskets are really difficult here. I've tried in my limited gardening career and failed to keep them going. Look good for a bit but that's it and I have spent quite a lot of money in my attempts. :( My only consolation is that 2 gardening friends who are English have given up too and that's saying something as they love them. The both have lovely memories of absolutely beautiful hanging baskets outside shops in England.
At the moment, because I hate to give up entirely, I have 2 hiding at my garden shed to see if they come good. I have Big Red Geranium in one and white Plectranthrus in the other and I have chosen these because I have them in growing profusely in my garden and so if and when they die in the heat it won't have cost me as it has in the past. Maybe I have to think in terms of them as annuals, that they are here for a good time, not a long time!!! ;)They do have large hanging baskets with both the ones I am trying for sale in nurseries and they cost a bomb so I am keeping my fingers crossed. At the moment I have 1 near the front door with succulents which is ok but it's really a bit plain and boring. A couple I have put in there flower so maybe when that happens it may look more impressive.

Last edited:

Ask a Question