Recipes for hanging baskets please?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
As a very unimaginative person, I always put in the same ingredients in my hanging baskets - lobelias, begonias, petunias.. and not even bidens.

Please help fill in the gaps ..

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
For a 12inc basket I put in 2trailing geraniums, one on both sides. trailing fucshia at the front. Fill in with Erigeron profusion, about 6 plants inbetween the geraniums and fucshia. I don't plant right at the back.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
In Florida we always had hanging baskets with cherry and grape tomatoes. They required a lot of upkeep with fertilizer and watering but visitors loved them. They enjoyed it when they could pluck a tomato off and pop it in their mouth.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
depends, on in the sun, not in the sun, how much you want to fuss with watering , or not to water much, or tend to pulling off spend flowers etc. or location, want a scent, not a scent. solid color, mixed, dangling some, contract. etc.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_0451.jpg
IMG_0449.jpg

I tend to use lobelias, calibrachoa & fuchsias (which arrive a little later than the others & are not yet out in said picture). Also, are we talking full sun?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Amazing! What stunners! And I'm not overusing the word! Simple but effective!

Why thank you Alp for the kind sentiments as always, do you have any pictures of your hanging baskets? I'm sure you're being modest here! (y)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Why thank you Alp for the kind sentiments as always, do you have any pictures of your hanging baskets? I'm sure you're being modest here! (y)

No. As a said, I am very unimaginative and I need help in this department, as well as in others. I really like that calibrachoa and will look for it when we go to Thurrock again.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes your Right there was a lot of Feeding going on;).........This one was about year 2000 It is Similar with golden marigolds also and Me Dad :) View attachment 33376

Your Dad must be very proud of you. Such a good endless show of flowers! I had one veritable wall of flowers with my son sitting in front of it. He was gorgeous and smiling. Since his secondary school, I have never had a smiling model! LOL!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Forgot to say, now I have NO MODEL at all!:cry::cry::cry:

Ask a Question