Recipes for hanging baskets please?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I don't do container gardening, but I've seen many of these hanging baskets and my opinion is that none are complete without some sweet smelling Alyssum.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8 B 15-20 F -9.4 -6.7c
Country
United Kingdom
So many lovely plants to grow, plants with profuse colour, coloured or variegated foliage plants, nothing wrong with the good old surfing type petunias,.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
So many lovely plants to grow, plants with profuse colour, coloured or variegated foliage plants, nothing wrong with the good old surfing type petunias,.

One surfing petunia is enough to fill out and overflow one basket. It is indeed a perfect choice for hanging basket. Where have you been hibernating, Robert? Sunny Spain or your allotment?:LOL:;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8 B 15-20 F -9.4 -6.7c
Country
United Kingdom
The Allotment is quite wet at the moment as here in the west of England we have had quite a lot of snow then rain then more snow.. Sunny Spain would be a nice idea although I prefer Portugal, been quite busy with all sorts of stuff especially shredding garden waste for the compost.. Brrrr come on spring time

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if I will bother this year with Surfinia Petunias, I like them when they are young and fresh looking , but after a while the deadheading becomes a chore and they get sticky.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
The Allotment is quite wet at the moment as here in the west of England we have had quite a lot of snow then rain then more snow.. Sunny Spain would be a nice idea although I prefer Portugal, been quite busy with all sorts of stuff especially shredding garden waste for the compost.. Brrrr come on spring time

I hope you've NOT got 8 inches of snow. SW is reported to have got that! I saw Portugal in the TV series The world most extraordinary homes. Big place with no houses and those EXTRAordinary houses are terribly ugly! LOL!

Ask a Question