Fresh garden recipes

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I am looking for some delicious veggie side dish recipes and I figure this is the correct place to beg. I am looking for something that is made with veggies and some sort of sauce and I can't seem to find anything appealing online as they all call for some sort of vinegrette.

Reaction score
I like to season zucchini with garlic salt and pepper and stir fry in olive oil. I take it out while it is still firm: I do not like it mushy!.

While on the subject of vegetable recipes I would love one that uses sweet corn: ours should be ready to harvest next week! :cool: And, while corn on the cob is yummy the corn will be even better if there is variety!:p

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Buy one ingredient, oil, and grow the rest:
garlic, onions, tomatoes, peppers, courgettes, basil, oregano, potatoes.

Fry them all to make a tasty sauce, apart from the potatoes, which you lightly roast, then add to the sauce in an ovenproof dish.
Put it into a hot oven to slightly brown the sauce, et voila, a vegetarian masterpiece which is also delicious over a great big hunk of beef.

Reaction score
I like a mango avocado salad that goes great with fish. It might not be for everyone... until they taste it, hehehe. If you'd like to know how to prepare it then let me know. You will not regret it!

Reaction score
We ate in a health-conscious restaurant and their salad is very appealing. From what I saw it contains radish, and sprouts dressed with mustard. I forgot the other crop in it. :)

Reaction score
Healthy Garden-Fresh What's growing in your kitchen garden this year?" and were inspired and delighted by all the delicious fresh fruits, veggies, and herbs you have growing in your own backyards. In honor of the summer kitchen garden, we've compiled a collection of recipes featuring the best that summer has to offer: tomatoes, assorted peppers, cucumbers, eggplant, lavender, basil, summer squashes, and much more.
First up is Market Salad with Goat Cheese and Champagne-Shallot Vinaigrette. Fresh herbs make all the difference in this versatile dressing. Try it on any combination of greens and vegetables from your garden or local farmers' market.

Ask a Question