fresh meat!

Reaction score
Country
United States
well as from my title, you probably can tell im a newbie here on the forum! just wanted to say hello to everyone!

little background info. about myself:
im a youngest(21 years old) my girlfriend always jokes that im a old man in a young body cause i love gardening, woodwork, fishing and just the outdoors in general. i started gardening in my younger teen years, funny i actually got myself into gardening no body else in my family gardened. sometimes i think i'm adopted lol;)

i use to have a decent size garden at my family's old house, about 75ft by 50ft. but we recently moved due to complications and that meant we went from about 2 acres of land to about 0.5 of a acre which half of that is in the front of the house which i couldn't plant so really 0.25 of a acre i could plant... and any size of a garden would take away from the back-yard so i decided to due a container garden on our back deck, which is a nice size 19.ft by 19.ft. so i got 8 pepper plants( banana, lady bells, jalapenos, habanero) in containers from pots to buckets to a big storage tote which i call the hot box cause that's where my hot peppers are! lol then i got 8 tomato plants in 8 different buckets and some pole beans and lettuce in another tote. and i also got onions growing randomly through out the containers.... so for no land i think i'm doing pretty good!

the soil i used in my containers i made up myself, its a mixture of compost/cow manure, pete moss, perlite, and normal top soil mixed together with some lime, organic plant food and some epsom salt, and i'm telling you what my plants are greener bigger and healthier than i ever had!

quick question too, anyone watch migardener on youtube??

feel free to drop in and say hey, i usually don't bite, at least not too hard (y)

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum!! :D

Yes, I watch migardener on YouTube. (I haven't seen anything recently, has Mrs Mi had the baby yet?) .. If you like him, let me recommend "One Yard Revolution," also. (They are my two favorites!)

It sounds like you are doing quite well with your little container garden! And I might add, you may not want to grow veggies in the front yard, but there are always perennials, annuals, and shrubbery! (y)

Reaction score
Country
United States
thank you guys!

Mary: we do have some flowers in the front, and im not sure if luke and wife has had baby yet, at least he hasn't said yet. right now he's doing alot of videos on container gardening lol, its like he knew that i couldn't have a ground garden so he wanted to help!

crazyconure: i will have to admit, i love my little container garden, my plants never looked this good, plus no weeding! at my old garden we had bad pig-weed/ red root weeds, whatever you call them and they came by the 100s if not 1000s! probably didnt help that i got fresh manure put on it every year so thats probably where it came from lol oh way, im onto greener... well greener plants in a container you could say lol

Ask a Question